• 3,780,928 Users
  • 2,254,456 Discussions
  • 7,879,497 Comments

Discussions

Create attributes from excel

velurani
velurani Member Posts: 54

Hi All

I was trying to create a transformation script to upload the attributes (new) to data model . I went through the  script provided  and try to use from the below post

Now I am getting class not found error. see Attached image

Class not found error .jpg

I included the requisite drivers  under 3rd party libraries . as below Thrird party JDBC drivers .jpg

Please let me know where I am missing . Appreciate your help

Tagged:

Answers

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Member Posts: 3,367 Employee
    edited Apr 10, 2020 8:27AM

JDBC-ODBC bridge doesn't exists in Java anymore. You can upload excel file into database and change that script according the JDBC driver and database you are using.

If database is Oracle then you can use SQL Developer to upload excel file to database.

Philip

• velurani
    velurani Member Posts: 54
    edited Apr 11, 2020 5:48AM

Thanks Philip.  Appreciated the help .  One more question , I could not see any Mysql Support in Database connection ? .  I guess Mysql is not longer supported by Oracle Data modeler. Is that true ? 

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Member Posts: 3,367 Employee
    edited Jun 23, 2020 6:34AM
    I guess Mysql is not longer supported by Oracle Data modeler. Is that true ? 

We've never had dedicated support for MySQL - it's at the level of JDBC source. That is not a kind of under assessment of MySQL, We are part of Database tools for "Oracle Database" with limited resources and our plan is around different incarnations of "Oracle Database".

There are a lot of wonderful technologies inside "Oracle database" we want to support but we don't because of constrained resources.

Philip