Forum Stats

• 3,770,288 Users
  • 2,253,090 Discussions
  • 7,875,388 Comments

Discussions

[INS-50013] Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET Error- Although Visual Studio is installed

Hello,

I am trying to connect to Oracle database using the Visual Studio. I have Visual Studio Community (2019) installed on my machine.

I have downloaded ODTwithODAC121024 and trying to run the setup. But it throws the error below:

[INS-50013] Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET Error.

Please install Visual Studio before you proceed with this installation.

What is that I am missing out here? I have also tried to install ODTwithODAC122011 but had the same problem.

Initially I had even tried to install ODTforVS2019_193100 but after its installation, I had noticed that while adding a new connection, I was not able to select the ODP.NET, Managed Driver.

Answers

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    Christian.Shay -Oracle Posts: 1,965 Employee
    edited Apr 10, 2020 2:48PM

Hello,

Only one version of ODT supports VS 2019, and that is ODTforVS2019_193100

So you must use that.

So please reinstall it and let us focus on your problem: " I had noticed that while adding a new connection, I was not able to select the ODP.NET, Managed Driver."

Please provide more precise details on exactly what you are doing and seeing.

Please let me know what the full version of VS community 2019 (you can find in in Help->About menu). Also, please make sure that "Oracle Developer Tools" is shown in the list on Help->About menu.

I had noticed that while adding a new connection, I was not able to select the ODP.NET, Managed Driver.

• User_CN46L
    User_CN46L Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

I have installed Visual Studio Community version 15.9

I am trying to install ODTwithODAC122011

Keeps saying the error: Please install Visual Studio before you proceed with this installation

I cant belive that in 2021 am trying for 3 days ago to setup a SSIS that can properly connect to an OrcaleDB, extracts the dataand spills it into Sql Server....

Why it has to be so complicated... i guess you should go back to school to understand the user needs.