• 3,780,896 Users
  • 2,254,454 Discussions
  • 7,879,489 Comments

Discussions

SDDM 19.4 Git pull

Tintti
Tintti Member Posts: 17 Red Ribbon

Hello!

I am having some troubles with git client in Data Modeler 19.4. It seems to work fine when I only have one git project cloned (let's call it project_a). But when I clone another project (project_b) the pull operation to project_a starts to fail with error message "Remote does not have refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin - <repository url here> available for fetch.".

I noticed that for some projects, in the Pull from Git window, Data Modeler adds repository url to the Remote Name field right after the actual remote name. For example when cloning the project_a the remote name was origin. But now when I'm trying to pull, there is 'origin - <my project_a repository url>' in the Remote Name field and pull operation fails. But for project_b there is only 'origin1' in the Remote Name field and there is no problem with pulling.

Is there a bug or am I having some settings wrong? I was able to do pull at command line for project_a but with Data Modeler it doesn't work. And am I supposed to give different remote names for all the projects that I clone?

Best Answer

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Member Posts: 3,367 Employee
    edited May 12, 2020 11:04AM Accepted Answer

Hello,

yes that's a bug I cannot promise it'll be fixed any time soon - that dialog is coming from common framework - JDeveloper>SQL Developer>Modeler.

am I supposed to give different remote names for all the projects that I clone?

Probably yes if you have all your repositories used at the same time. For me following command did the job:

git remote rename origin origin_pr_a

Philip

Answers

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Member Posts: 3,367 Employee
    edited May 12, 2020 11:04AM Accepted Answer

Hello,

yes that's a bug I cannot promise it'll be fixed any time soon - that dialog is coming from common framework - JDeveloper>SQL Developer>Modeler.

am I supposed to give different remote names for all the projects that I clone?

Probably yes if you have all your repositories used at the same time. For me following command did the job:

git remote rename origin origin_pr_a

Philip

• Tintti
    Tintti Member Posts: 17 Red Ribbon
    edited May 13, 2020 9:03AM

Ok now I get how it works, unique remote names are the answer. Thank you!

By the way I noticed that 'git remote rename' command changed the remote name only to fetch and not to push in config file:

push = +refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin/master

fetch = +refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin_pr_a/master

But it doesn't seem to matter, push still works fine.