- 196.8K All Categories
- 2.2K Data
- 235 Big Data Appliance
- 1.9K Data Science
- 449.9K Databases
- 221.6K General Database Discussions
- 31 Multilingual Engine
- 549 MySQL Community Space
- 478 NoSQL Database
- 7.9K Oracle Database Express Edition (XE)
- 3K ORDS, SODA & JSON in the Database
- 532 SQLcl
- 4K SQL Developer Data Modeler
- 186.9K SQL & PL/SQL
- 21.3K SQL Developer
- 295.5K Development
- 17 Developer Projects
- 138 Programming Languages
- 292.1K Development Tools
- 104 DevOps
- 3.1K QA/Testing
- 645.9K Java
- 28 Java Learning Subscription
- 37K Database Connectivity
- 154 Java Community Process
- 105 Java 25
- 22.1K Java APIs
- 138.1K Java Development Tools
- 165.3K Java EE (Java Enterprise Edition)
- 17 Java Essentials
- 158 Java 8 Questions
- 85.9K Java Programming
- 79 Java Puzzle Ball
- 65.1K New To Java
- 1.7K Training / Learning / Certification
- 13.8K Java HotSpot Virtual Machine
- 94.2K Java SE
- 13.8K Java Security
- 203 Java User Groups
- 401 LiveLabs
- 37 Workshops
- 10.2K Software
- 6.7K Berkeley DB Family
- 3.5K JHeadstart
- 5.6K Other Languages
- 2.3K Chinese
- 171 Deutsche Oracle Community
- 1.1K Español
- 1.9K Japanese
- 230 Portuguese
Custom trigger on IBY_PMT_INSTR_USES_ALL column BEFORE UPDATE OF END_DATE raise userfriendly excepti
ORACLE E-business suite
RDBMS_VERSION = 220.127.116.11.0
PL/SQL Release 18.104.22.168.0 - Production
ORacle release 12.2.4
I would like to raise an exception when the user is changing the end_date of a bank account.
an exception is raised by oracle but it isn't the exception I have specified
I have placed a custom trigger on the table IBY_PMT_INSTR_USES_ALL and I want to raise an user-friendly exception when the user changes the end_date of the bank.
but whatever I'm doing Oracle is always showing the error down below in the web form.
You have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact the System Administrator for assistance.
My question is.
is it possible to raise a user-friendly exception using a trigger which is defined on the table IBY_PMT_INSTR_USES_ALL column BEFORE UPDATE OF END_DATE ?
create or replace TRIGGER APPS.XXTEST_IPIUA_BRU BEFORE UPDATE OF END_DATE ON IBY.IBY_PMT_INSTR_USES_ALL#
If so, how should this raise exception look like?
I already have tried.
- RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR(-20001, '----------test----------'); at the begin of the trigger
- already defined a custom Exception using the pragma Exception_init
- Exception handling at the end of the trigger
- fnd_message.set_name ('FND', 'test');
But all these options will end in the same errormessage
Error Page You have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact the System Administrator for assistance.
steps to reproduce
- add a bank account on customer site level in the responsibility Receivables
- make sure a bank account is added on site level
- end_date the bank account, so that the trigger will be triggered
- make sure that the exception is added at the begin of the trigger
- you will face the errormessage :You have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact the System Administrator for assistance.
hopefully you can help me with this.
I already did some research on the web but without any success.
The same approach is working at another database table and column.
thanks for your help.