• 3,780,896 Users
  • 2,254,454 Discussions
  • 7,879,489 Comments

Discussions

Understanding of SQL Datamodeler tool related few queries

Rajneesh S-Oracle
Rajneesh S-Oracle Posts: 408 Employee

Hello Experts:

I am new to SQL Developer Data Modeller , hence please bear with me if my queries are basics:

Q1: Why same information is repeated twice as below circled? Is there any difference between two?

pastedImage_0.png

Q2: What does UF denote here? Is it for unique key? If yes then how it is different from U?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Q3: What M and D denote here?

pastedImage_3.png

Q4: Why only one table as referenced table here, whilst I have multiple FKs to reference multiple tables:

pastedImage_4.png

Thanks,

Rajneesh

Rajneesh S-Oracle

Best Answer

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Member Posts: 3,367 Employee
    edited May 18, 2020 9:05AM Accepted Answer

Q1 - first section shows PK and UK constraints, the second one shows indexes for that table - in your case it happens that constraints and supporting indexes have the same names

Q2 - P, U, F - the column is part of Primary, Unique or Foreign key constraint

Q3 - Mandatory (not null) and Deprecated

Q4 - the picture shows that you have 5 FKs referencing 5 different tables. Details only for selected FK constraint are shown

Philip

Rajneesh S-OracleRajneesh S-Oracle

Answers

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Member Posts: 3,367 Employee
    edited May 18, 2020 9:05AM Accepted Answer

Q1 - first section shows PK and UK constraints, the second one shows indexes for that table - in your case it happens that constraints and supporting indexes have the same names

Q2 - P, U, F - the column is part of Primary, Unique or Foreign key constraint

Q3 - Mandatory (not null) and Deprecated

Q4 - the picture shows that you have 5 FKs referencing 5 different tables. Details only for selected FK constraint are shown

Philip

Rajneesh S-OracleRajneesh S-Oracle