Forum Stats

• 3,780,931 Users
  • 2,254,456 Discussions
  • 7,879,498 Comments

Discussions

Some of those fields are still present in logical model which I manually deleted during relational m

Rajneesh S-Oracle
Rajneesh S-Oracle Posts: 408 Employee

Hi All,

During creating data model through reverse engineering, I realized that some of those fields are still present in logical model which I manually deleted during relational model.

I did engineering for logical model after saving my relational model. Though I can manually delete  those redundant fields, wanted to know that if there is a way to get only those fields which are part of edited relational model?

Thanks,

Rajneesh

Rajneesh S-Oracle

Best Answer

• Dave Schleis
    Dave Schleis Member Posts: 215 Silver Badge
    edited May 29, 2020 8:30AM Accepted Answer

Hello Rajneesh,

The description of the steps you took are somewhat general in nature so it is hard to say why you saw the results that you did.

However I can say that when engineering from a relational to a logical model, the "Engineer to Logical Model" dialog box provides a great level of granularity and control over what objects and elements of those objects are converted from the relational to the logical model.

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 7.26.31 AM.png

If you would provide more detail of the exact steps that you took, perhaps with images, more assistance might be provided.

hope this helps

--dave

Rajneesh S-OracleRajneesh S-Oracle

Answers

• Dave Schleis
    Dave Schleis Member Posts: 215 Silver Badge
    edited May 29, 2020 8:30AM Accepted Answer

Hello Rajneesh,

The description of the steps you took are somewhat general in nature so it is hard to say why you saw the results that you did.

However I can say that when engineering from a relational to a logical model, the "Engineer to Logical Model" dialog box provides a great level of granularity and control over what objects and elements of those objects are converted from the relational to the logical model.

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 7.26.31 AM.png

If you would provide more detail of the exact steps that you took, perhaps with images, more assistance might be provided.

hope this helps

--dave

Rajneesh S-OracleRajneesh S-Oracle