• 2,252,772 Discussions
  • 7,874,520 Comments

Discussions

Dynamic UI Input List

Epic Fail
Epic Fail Member Posts: 57 Blue Ribbon
edited Jun 9, 2020 9:58AM in APEX Discussions

Running Apex 18.1

I have a 1:Many relationship and I'm wanting to let the user input the parent and children simultaneously. (example would be posts -> tags) I'm wanting to do this the same way apex does the "Link Builder" "Set Items" section.  When the user enters the first "Tag" I want a new row created with a new element and a new remove button created for the next "Tag".  I was wondering if anyone knows how this is could be done.  I was thinking APEX_ITEM but that doesn't appear to be the recommended method.

Tagged:

Answers

• jariola
    jariola Member Posts: 10,455 Silver Crown
    edited Jun 9, 2020 12:12AM
    Epic Fail wrote:Running Apex 18.1I have a 1:Many relationship and I'm wanting to let the user input the parent and children simultaneously. (example would be posts -> tags) I'm wanting to do this the same way apex does the "Link Builder" "Set Items" section. When the user enters the first "Tag" I want a new row created with a new element and a new remove button created for the next "Tag". I was wondering if anyone knows how this is could be done. I was thinking APEX_ITEM but that doesn't appear to be the recommended method.

I'm not familiar what is "Link Builder" in APEX. Could you point me to document or give steps how navigate there?

Have you think just using e.g. popup lov that allow multiple values?

First insert parent record, then process popup lov values . You can use apex_string.split to save popup lov values as rows.

You can check more detail what I mean if download and install https://github.com/jariolaine/apex-blog

• Epic Fail
    edited Jun 9, 2020 9:30AM

Anytime you make an element on a page link to another page and you click the target button in the link section it will bring up the "Link Builder". I'm going to include a picture to make it more clear.

Capture.PNG

A LOV will not work because I am allowing the user to enter whatever term(s) they want.

• Epic Fail
    edited Jun 9, 2020 9:58AM

Found a solution. Rodrigo Mesquita created the following plugin.

https://github.com/rodrigomesquitaexplorer/APEX-MultiRow-Item-Plugin