Forum Stats

• 3,816,002 Users
  • 2,259,128 Discussions
  • 7,893,362 Comments

Discussions

Classic Report shows no_data_found when images column type is "Display Image".

Eslam_Elbyaly
Eslam_Elbyaly Member Posts: 4,302 Silver Trophy
edited Jun 9, 2020 11:45PM in APEX Discussions

Apex 18.2.

Hi,

I have a page with a classic report region based on a sql query that retrieves a dbms_lob.getlength(img_column) besides other data. If the image column type is plain text, data are retrieved. But if I change it to "Display Image", it throws no_data_found error.

I noticed that that happens only if I create a report page. But if I create a "Reprot with a Form", the report shows normally. I have created a report with a form and the report was working properly and suddenly it's not working anymore. I do not remember something changed. Is this a bug? Most importantly is there a solution.

https://apex.oracle.com/ws = ESLAM_WSuser = forhelppwd = forhelppassapp = Helppages 5 and 6 are report with a form. page 7 = Only the report with same query but it throws the error!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,821 Red Diamond
    edited Jun 9, 2020 4:15PM Answer ✓
    Eslam_Elbyaly wrote:I have a page with a classic report region based on a sql query that retrieves a dbms_lob.getlength(img_column) besides other data. If the image column type is plain text, data are retrieved. But if I change it to "Display Image", it throws no_data_found error.I noticed that that happens only if I create a report page. But if I create a "Reprot with a Form", the report shows normally. I have created a report with a form and the report was working properly and suddenly it's not working anymore. I do not remember something changed. Is this a bug? Most importantly is there a solution.https://apex.oracle.com/ws = ESLAM_WSuser = forhelppwd = forhelppassapp = Helppages 5 and 6 are report with a form. page 7 = Only the report with same query but it throws the error!

Use of the Display Image column type requires the report query to return the row PK value. In this case it does, but it is aliased as INGREDIENT_ID. It must match the column name specified in the display image column settings.

Eslam_Elbyalyflavioc

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,821 Red Diamond
    edited Jun 9, 2020 4:15PM Answer ✓
    Eslam_Elbyaly wrote:I have a page with a classic report region based on a sql query that retrieves a dbms_lob.getlength(img_column) besides other data. If the image column type is plain text, data are retrieved. But if I change it to "Display Image", it throws no_data_found error.I noticed that that happens only if I create a report page. But if I create a "Reprot with a Form", the report shows normally. I have created a report with a form and the report was working properly and suddenly it's not working anymore. I do not remember something changed. Is this a bug? Most importantly is there a solution.https://apex.oracle.com/ws = ESLAM_WSuser = forhelppwd = forhelppassapp = Helppages 5 and 6 are report with a form. page 7 = Only the report with same query but it throws the error!

Use of the Display Image column type requires the report query to return the row PK value. In this case it does, but it is aliased as INGREDIENT_ID. It must match the column name specified in the display image column settings.

Eslam_Elbyalyflavioc
  • Eslam_Elbyaly
    Eslam_Elbyaly Member Posts: 4,302 Silver Trophy
    edited Jun 9, 2020 11:45PM

Execuse me, Paul. Where did you know this bit of information of " the column shouldn't be aliased" when it's not documented?