• 2,264,332 Discussions
  • 7,905,588 Comments

Discussions

Websheets Authentication

Marnus
Marnus Member Posts: 16 Bronze Badge
edited Jun 30, 2020 11:42PM in APEX Discussions

Hi,

I'm using a custom authentication scheme in my Apex Database Application and I would like to call / open a Websheets Application, that I would like to use for Help documentation, without authenticating. However I don't want the Websheets Application to be public.

In the Database Application under Session Sharing Type I made it Custom and left the Cookie Name as &WORKSPACE_COOKIE. and flagged it as secure.

In the Websheet Application under Authentication I selected Custom and made the Authentication Function the same as my Database Application. I've also set Session Sharing to Custom and left the Cookie Name as &WORKSPACE_COOKIE. and flagged it as secure.

Any tips how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marnus

Best Answer

• Marnus
    edited Jun 30, 2020 11:40PM Answer ✓

Figured it out and I hope it helps somebody in the future.

In both the Database Application and Websheet Application I made the sharing type Custom and specified a cookie name. In the Websheet Application I left the authentication as Application Express. When I navigate from Apex to the Websheet you need to pass the  &SESSION. variable. I still got a message that my user is not authorised. I then added the user to the Access Control List as a Reader.

If I want to update the content of the websheet application I just use my Apex Developer Account. To add users to the Access Control List you can just do a simple insert into the table APEX$_ACL.

Answers

• Marnus
    edited Jun 30, 2020 11:40PM Answer ✓

Figured it out and I hope it helps somebody in the future.

In both the Database Application and Websheet Application I made the sharing type Custom and specified a cookie name. In the Websheet Application I left the authentication as Application Express. When I navigate from Apex to the Websheet you need to pass the  &SESSION. variable. I still got a message that my user is not authorised. I then added the user to the Access Control List as a Reader.

If I want to update the content of the websheet application I just use my Apex Developer Account. To add users to the Access Control List you can just do a simple insert into the table APEX$_ACL.