Forum Stats

• 3,752,284 Users
  • 2,250,483 Discussions
  • 7,867,775 Comments

Discussions

<BEA-001129> and ORA-12521 with JMS server using SOA

I'm trying to help the app server sysadmin solve a problem. We have a two node Exadata RAC setup with the following service connection.

Service soadev_FMW_TST is running on instance(s) SOADEV5

This service only runs on one instance at a time. The SOA app is an XA transaction. So, we don't have any TAF or failover options on the service. When the service is running on say SOADEV5 and we want to failover to SOADEV6 for maintenance or planned shutdown, we run the srvctl stop instance -d SOADEV -i SOADEV5 -failover

The service fails over fine, the database shutdowns fine on SOADEV5, the problem is with the JMS server.

When both instances are running and JMS SOA is started the JMS server has a select 1 from dual sql that is configured to run and test the connection. The connection succeeds and the app connects to SOADEV5 where the service runs. When we failover the JMS server still connects to the service running now on SOADEV6, but the select 1 from dual sql logs the following error.

<Jun 9, 2020 3:19:44 PM EDT> <Warning> <JDBC> <BEA-001129> <Received exception while creating connection for pool "Fusion Middleware": Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12521, TNS:listener does not currently know of instance requested in connect descriptor .>

As I mentioned the JMS app connections are fine, it's just the select 1 from dual that gives the errors. Any ideas? Is this normal? Can it be configured differently?