• 2,260,744 Discussions
  • 7,897,181 Comments

Discussions

Reports file output location destype=file FMW 12.2.1.4

Tubby
Tubby Member Posts: 6,987 Bronze Crown
edited Jul 2, 2020 9:52AM in Reports

Good morning,

I'm trying to work with fusion middleware 12.2.1.4 and have forms specifying destype=FILE when trying to use RUN_REPORT_OBJECT and from looking at the logs generated the report output files are trying to save to the root folder of the domain I set up.

I need the files to save to a specific location without having to specify that in every form (or changing every report). I assumed there's a way to achieve this globally through the reports configuration but I haven't had any luck finding out how through all my searches.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Best Answer

• Dan Andro-Oracle
    Dan Andro-Oracle Posts: 760 Employee
    edited Jul 1, 2020 6:50AM Answer ✓

Hi,

I'm not aware of any method of changing the current working directory (where the outputs will be saved by default) in 12c. In 11g it was possible to change it - REP-69 REP-56133 Using Destype=FILE Without Desname (Doc ID 1925057.1). What you could try to do is create a library (pll) in which to put the code you use to call reports from forms and attach that to the forms. Then you would only change the code in the pll library.

Regards,

Dan

Answers

• Dan Andro-Oracle
    Dan Andro-Oracle Posts: 760 Employee
    edited Jul 1, 2020 6:50AM Answer ✓

Hi,

I'm not aware of any method of changing the current working directory (where the outputs will be saved by default) in 12c. In 11g it was possible to change it - REP-69 REP-56133 Using Destype=FILE Without Desname (Doc ID 1925057.1). What you could try to do is create a library (pll) in which to put the code you use to call reports from forms and attach that to the forms. Then you would only change the code in the pll library.

Regards,

Dan

• Tubby
    Tubby Member Posts: 6,987 Bronze Crown
    edited Jul 2, 2020 9:52AM

Thanks Dan!

I was afraid this would be the case.

Cheers,