• 2,260,705 Discussions
  • 7,897,072 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Forms New Feature Ideas

Comments

• Kalpataru
    Kalpataru Member Posts: 4,618 Bronze Crown
    edited Mar 25, 2021 5:56AM

Is it possible to add features like we can add items at run time.

For example: In a application for add multiple qualification we have to add multiple text-boxes at run-time.

And can make the installation process easy, installer can check the whole system ans checks the required process static ip setting etc. etc. . Installer can say that set the static-ip and then install again.

• Walid KHARRAT
    Walid KHARRAT Member Posts: 137 Red Ribbon

new option for frmcmp_batch to compile directory(all forms in directory) with one db connection and one instance of frmcmp_batch

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,203 Employee

@Walid KHARRAT Thank you for the suggestion. Being able to generate all modules in a given directory with a single call is a good idea. That said, creating your own script to do that is fairly easy and in fact, we provide example code that you can copy and paste. See MyOracleSupport Note 955143.1 This will result in a new instance of the compiler and a new DB connection for each module. Because it only can do one at a time, there will only be one compiler and one DB connection open at at time.

You can also use the Forms JDAPI to create a far more efficient way of generating. With JDAPI, the DB connection can be retained through the entire process. As a result you won't have a connection created, destroyed, created, destroyed, etc. This will help to make the generation process faster and more efficient.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

User_NXS9O
  • User_NXS9O
    User_NXS9O Member Posts: 0 Green Ribbon

The multi select t list on my website isn't working, can someone help me.

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,203 Employee

@User_NXS9O

Please do not use this thread to ask questions about problems you may be experiencing. This thread is for make product feature suggestions for Oracle Forms.

Please create a new thread and provide details about the problem you believe you are having. However, before doing that I strongly recommend you read the following and post based on what you learn in that thread:

https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/discussion/4477302/tips-for-getting-the-most-out-of-what-you-post

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• MaikiRS
    MaikiRS Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon
    edited Apr 27, 2021 11:52PM

For us, the main feature will be forms supporting glassfish istead of using weblogic. The price of weblogic is making companies leave forms becouse it's is far from be competitive against other vendors and did not make sense what is paid for. This will change things inside companies that uses forms.

@MaikiRS Entitlements to use WLS are included in all licenses that have Forms and Reports. So in most cases you don't need to pay for WLS. If you are one of those cases that needs something extra, then using a light-weight app server like glassfish isn't the right thing to do either. If you are not familiar with what is included in the licensing, I recommend you check it out. Likely you are entitled to much more than you know. You can contact Oracle Sales or your Oracle Account Rep for help understanding what your org currently owns and what the latest information regarding licensing is as it applies to your org.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/middleware/fusion-middleware/fmwlc/

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• MaikiRS
    MaikiRS Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon

I understand Michael, the purpose behind the scenes here is have a "XE" licence for small business. But ok, thanks.

@MaikiRS Although not certified, I don't see any reason you couldn't use XE. I would strongly recommend your app(s) be thouroghly tested before going into production like that though. And, realize that if you have issues that may be caused by the DB, Support won't be able to report defects if the product doesn't do what you might expect.

In a future release, we are planning to include support for getting data through REST. So that means, in theory you could access ORDS as an example or any other system exposing REST. Also, an option to not have the FMW Infra repository is being considered. These and many others still being reviewed.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle