• 3,780,909 Users
  • 2,254,454 Discussions
  • 7,879,490 Comments

Discussions

Export Model from XML file

calinm
calinm Member Posts: 76 Blue Ribbon

Hi,

I need to export the data model from the Data modeler XML repository to some other custom format. This has to be automated, so it cannot be happening from data modeler gui. I have to get the data model from SVN when it gets commited, then convert it.

Do I have to parse the XML files of the repository, and take it from there, or is there a java library that I can use to load the model in a more abstract form?

Thanks!

Calin

Dave Schleis

Best Answer

• Dave Schleis
    Dave Schleis Member Posts: 215 Silver Badge
    edited Jul 7, 2020 10:08AM Accepted Answer

Hello Calin,

Currently the scripting features of SQL Developer Data Modeler, that would make this exercise relatively straightforward, are not available outside of the application.

You might consider exporting the model to the reporting schema before saving to SVN.

From there you can use SQL to access all of the elements that define your models and report them in any custom format you need.

Hope this helps

--dave

Answers

• Dave Schleis
    Dave Schleis Member Posts: 215 Silver Badge
    edited Jul 7, 2020 10:08AM Accepted Answer

Hello Calin,

Currently the scripting features of SQL Developer Data Modeler, that would make this exercise relatively straightforward, are not available outside of the application.

You might consider exporting the model to the reporting schema before saving to SVN.

From there you can use SQL to access all of the elements that define your models and report them in any custom format you need.

Hope this helps

--dave

• calinm
    calinm Member Posts: 76 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jul 7, 2020 1:08PM