Forum Stats

• 3,769,694 Users
  • 2,253,008 Discussions
  • 7,875,152 Comments

Discussions

MySQL Router Bootstrap Configuration on Windows 10 64bit fails not identifying Cluster Metadata

User_73TNT
User_73TNT Member Posts: 4 Green Ribbon
edited Jul 25, 2020 1:47AM in MySQL Community Space

I am trying to configure MySQL Router on Windows 10 64 Bits, for  monitoring an InnoDB Cluster 8.0.19 that is running on 3 Linux VMs.  But when configuring the Windows MySQL Router, I receive the following error:

Beginning configuration step: Creating MySQL Router configuration files

An Error occurred: Error: Expected the metadata server to contain configuration for one cluster, found none.

See https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/mysql-innodb-cluster-creating.html about how to create a cluster.

Ended configuration step: Creating MySQL Router configuration files

My Testing environment for InnoDB Cluster is on 3 Linux VMs.  Here is the Status Result on the Cluster.

MySQL  vm-mysqlee2:3306 ssl  JS > cluster.status()

{

"clusterName": "mysqlee_cluster",

"defaultReplicaSet": {

"name": "default",

"primary": "vm-mysqlee2.ita.local:3306",

"ssl": "REQUIRED",

"status": "OK",

"statusText": "Cluster is ONLINE and can tolerate up to ONE failure.",

"topology": {

"vm-mysqlee1.ita.local:3306": {

"address": "vm-mysqlee1.ita.local:3306",

"mode": "R/O",

"readReplicas": {},

"replicationLag": null,

"role": "HA",

"status": "ONLINE",

"version": "8.0.19"

},

"vm-mysqlee2.ita.local:3306": {

"address": "vm-mysqlee2.ita.local:3306",

"mode": "R/W",

},

"vm-mysqlee3.ita.local:3306": {

"address": "vm-mysqlee3.ita.local:3306",

"mode": "R/O",

}

},

"topologyMode": "Single-Primary"

},

"groupInformationSourceMember": "vm-mysqlee2.ita.local:3306"

}

I have disabled IPv6 on Linux and Windows Machines.  Someone have experienced this error with the Windows MySQL Router Configuration.?

Regards,

Best Answer

Answers

• Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle
    Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle MySQL Community Manager TexasMember Posts: 366 Employee
    edited Jul 23, 2020 3:10PM

What did you router bootstrap command look like?

Dave Stokes

MySQL Community Manager

• User_73TNT
    edited Jul 24, 2020 8:04AM

First I used the MySQL Installer GUI where it first validate the credentials to a mysql node, and shows you the ports that it will be using.  Then when this is step is ok, the next step where you execute the configuration it send the message.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 6.46.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-24 at 6.47.22 AM.png

Then I tried with the following command line and get the same message.

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Router 8.0\bin>.\mysqlrouter.exe --bootstrap [email protected]:3306 -d C:\MySQL-Router

Regards,

Regards,

• User_SAGGL
    User_SAGGL Member Posts: 13 Employee
    edited Jul 24, 2020 11:04AM Accepted Answer

Hi,

This is normal some changes were done in MySQL InnoDB Cluster. As you are using a newer version of 8.0.21 (which is often recommended), You didn't upgrade with the Shell the metadata from your the previous metadata created before 8.0.19 (https://mysqlserverteam.com/upgrading-mysql-innodb-cluster-metadata/

Cheers,

• User_73TNT
    edited Jul 24, 2020 12:59PM

Before I tryied with a Community Edition Router 8.0.19, and received the same error.  Does it is also normal, when using a Community Router with a Commercial InnoDB Cluster..?

On the eDeliviry I didn't find how to download eh 8.0.19 archive/version, just the 8.0.21.. does it is available for downloading..?

Regards,

• User_SAGGL
    User_SAGGL Member Posts: 13 Employee
    edited Jul 24, 2020 6:40PM

This change happened at 8.0.19, please just upgrade the metadata:

Connect with MySQL Shell to the Primary node and just do: dba.upgradeMetadata()

Then bootstrap router again.

Cheers,

• User_73TNT
    edited Jul 25, 2020 1:47AM

Thanks for the advice, and I understand that it should be done, but I have to share with you the following.

Since all my environment is 8.0.19, I have configured before other router from Linux Box without problem.

Comming back to my issue, with your comments, I proceeded to  enable the General Log of the Instance where bootstraping is connecting and found this queries:

2020-07-25T01:24:45.271404Z 12612 Connect [email protected] on  using SSL/TLS

2020-07-25T01:24:45.271771Z 12612 Query SELECT * FROM mysql_innodb_cluster_metadata.schema_version

2020-07-25T01:24:45.272285Z 12612 Query select cluster_type from mysql_innodb_cluster_metadata.v2_this_instance

2020-07-25T01:24:45.273474Z 12612 Query select ((select count(*) from mysql_innodb_cluster_metadata.v2_gr_clusters)=1) as has_one_gr_cluster

So I executed this queries on the instances with the following results:

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 8.56.35 PM.png

The last query returns a cero (o).  Then I verified that this last table mysql_innodb_cluster_metadata.v2_gr_clusters has two (2) records instead of one (1) .

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 9.00.42 PM.png

I think, this was the really reason of the message I was receiving.  In addition I found the following Doc on My Oracle Support:

MySQL Router Bootstrap fails With Error: "Error: The provided server contains an unsupported cluster metadata." (Doc ID 2686089.1)

When applying the solution, to drop/delete the old record, I had an issue. but it is something that is not related to my original question.

I hope this help any who may be facing a similar issue.

Regards,