Discussions

Apex 20.1 popup LOV in Interactive Grid causing issue

Leon_M
Leon_M Member Posts: 153 Blue Ribbon
edited Apr 28, 2021 3:21PM in APEX Discussions

Apex 20.1 - Interactive grid

Popup LOV column - Displayed as Inline Popup

Problem:

When I single click in popup LOV field and start to type, the whole grid shifts left, until the column in which I started to type appears to be the first column on the left.

The column which was first is now hidden and there is a scroll bar appears in the footer of the gird.

https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=108817:2

user: guest

pass: password

P2 Customers

The grid is not in Edit mode when initialized.

"State" is a test column with popup LOV.

To reproduce:

Click Add Row then single click in State column field and start typing. You will see that LOV drop-drown will shift left to the first column.

Then select your value with arrow down key and press Enter. You will see that State column with the rest of the grid shifts left but column headers will remain in place.

Recording of the issue:
https://arhomes.zoom.us/rec/share/pHAozDaT4XByE9-CkYnnISpiU8iOBiHqJTKrEN7lMENQpOhVODQ8jSGsA2PT35L4.4LJWK_r1duQeNgc2

Passcode for video: 7pJGr2M% 

Jaimin_S

Answers

• elles
    elles Member Posts: 8 Blue Ribbon

Hi Leon_M,

I have the same issue with a popup LOV displayed as a modal dialog. Have you already found a solution or is your question still unanswered?

• Leon_M

Hi Elles,

It is a bug. We submitted this request to Oracle. They acknowledged that it is an issue, which have to be fixed.

However they did not give us ETA. It is SR #3-23657246191 on support site.

If you will find a workaround please let me know.

Thanks

• Hilary Farrell-Oracle
    Hilary Farrell-Oracle Software Development Senior Manager Member Posts: 2,323 Employee

Hi Leon,

Bug 31689248 was logged by Support to track this issue, which we plan to address in a future release of APEX. As outlined by Support in both the SR you logged, and the associated bug, the workaround is outlined as follows:

The issue did not occur if you select the down arrow and then enter 'as' in the search dialog box.

Regards,

Hilary

• Leon_M

Hi Hilary,

Thank you for the news.

We know this workaround. I meant to say "solution" in my previous reply.

We can't release the popup LOV to our users with this.

We hope you will address this issue in next release.

Thank you,

Leon

• Hilary Farrell-Oracle
    Hilary Farrell-Oracle Software Development Senior Manager Member Posts: 2,323 Employee

Hi Leon,

The bug in question is assigned to one of my team mates, to address in a future release. I can't provide any more specifics on the bug at this point. So I'm afraid a solution won't be available until the bug is fixed. For others being impacted by this issue, please note the workaround mentioned in my previous response will work in the meantime.

Regards,

Hilary

• Jaimin_S
    Jaimin_S Member Posts: 5 Red Ribbon

Can the fix of this issue be please included on 21.1 release this year?

We would like to use new enhanced popup LOV everywhere in our application and this issue is a hindrance for using inside interactive grid.

Leon_M