Install 19c Single instance database while old ASM still on the System — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,702,038 Users
  • 2,239,552 Discussions
  • 7,835,729 Comments

Discussions

Install 19c Single instance database while old ASM still on the System

41860784186078 Posts: 2
edited August 4 in Database Installation

Hello guys, I want to install and Oracle 19c Single Instance DB on my server, but when running the Installer it only upgrades my old ASM. ASM Disks are deleted and the service is stopped too. What else do I have to do to remove the ASM properly to install a database rather than upgrading an exisiting one?

Tagged:

Answers

• EdStevensEdStevens Posts: 27,736 Gold Crown
    edited August 3
    4186078 wrote:Hello guys, I want to install and Oracle 19c Single Instance DB on my server, but when running the Installer it only upgrades my old ASM. ASM Disks are deleted and the service is stopped too. What else do I have to do to remove the ASM properly to install a database rather than upgrading an exisiting one?

What is the name of the distribution file you downloaded.  There's no way a database installation should try to upgrade an ASM instance.

• 41860784186078 Posts: 2
    edited August 4

i think it's the ESL installer and i use the option "Setup software only"

• EdStevensEdStevens Posts: 27,736 Gold Crown
    edited August 4
    4186078 wrote:i think it's the ESL installer and i use the option "Setup software only"

I've been working with Oracle since around 1996, and never heard of "the ESL installer".  I asked you for the name of the distribution file file you downloaded.