This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,964 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

Refresh in general not firing

AdamJaws
AdamJaws Member Posts: 301 Red Ribbon
edited Aug 3, 2020 2:19PM in APEX Discussions

Hello,

I have a very simple application where I add an attachment through the modal page. Once the attachment is added it does not refresh the report page to show it , manual refresh will show it. I have a dynamic action set but it seems it is not being called. This is also occuring on another page were I am attempting to use 2 radio groups. They do not control the reports because it is not being refreshed on click as I had thought. I am thinking I am missing the same thing on all of these so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

pastedImage_2.png

Dynamic action currently in the attachment report page.

pastedImage_1.png

Refresh action defined.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect EdinburghMember Posts: 21,579 Red Diamond
    edited Aug 3, 2020 1:40PM Answer ✓
    AdamJaws wrote:Hello

Great to see you back!

I have a very simple application where I add an attachment through the modal page. Once the attachment is added it does not refresh the report page to show it , manual refresh will show it. I have a dynamic action set but it seems it is not being called. This is also occuring on another page were I am attempting to use 2 radio groups. They do not control the reports because it is not being refreshed on click as I had thought. I am thinking I am missing the same thing on all of these so any help would be appreciated.
    pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

Refresh action defined.

A few things to consider:

• Do the target regions actually support PPR? They have to be classic reports (with the PPR attribute enabled), interactive reports, list views, charts, or region plug-ins with PPR support.
    • Do the target regions have a region template with a placeholder for region ID or static ID substitution? Regions with no template cannot be refreshed.
    • Do the target regions reference all of the page items they are dependent on in their source Page Items to Submit property?
    • Are the components used to open the dialog contained within the "Attachments" region?

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect EdinburghMember Posts: 21,579 Red Diamond
    edited Aug 3, 2020 1:40PM Answer ✓
    AdamJaws wrote:Hello

Great to see you back!

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

Refresh action defined.

• Do the target regions actually support PPR? They have to be classic reports (with the PPR attribute enabled), interactive reports, list views, charts, or region plug-ins with PPR support.
    • Do the target regions have a region template with a placeholder for region ID or static ID substitution? Regions with no template cannot be refreshed.
    • Do the target regions reference all of the page items they are dependent on in their source Page Items to Submit property?
    • Are the components used to open the dialog contained within the "Attachments" region?
  • AdamJaws
    AdamJaws Member Posts: 301 Red Ribbon
    edited Aug 3, 2020 2:19PM
    fac586 wrote:AdamJaws wrote:HelloGreat to see you back!Thanks, I have switched roles at the company but due to present global issues I have been given a couple things to work on inside Apex. I was hoping I could copy a lot from the previous appiclation, which was working at first. Just got caught up on this.I have a very simple application where I add an attachment through the modal page. Once the attachment is added it does not refresh the report page to show it , manual refresh will show it. I have a dynamic action set but it seems it is not being called. This is also occuring on another page were I am attempting to use 2 radio groups. They do not control the reports because it is not being refreshed on click as I had thought. I am thinking I am missing the same thing on all of these so any help would be appreciated.
    pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

Refresh action defined.

I never noticed that the regions could not be supported. My thought was since I copied the page over and just changed the sources it would be basically the same thing. Adding this to things to check when making the new regions.

Once I checked the attachments region and added the page item to submit to the static ID it worked just fine.

Thank you,