On January 27th, this site will be read-only as we migrate to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

    Forum Stats

  • 3,889,632 Users
  • 2,269,769 Discussions
  • 7,916,800 Comments

Discussions

SQLCL and Liquibase installing APEX applications

Alex Nuijten
Alex Nuijten Member Posts: 242 Silver Badge
edited Aug 27, 2020 3:30AM in SQLcl

Hi Everybody,

I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm doing something wrong, because I had to change my install scripts when going to version 20.2

Anyhoo...

When I export my APEX application with this command:

lb genobject -type apex -applicationid 100

A file is generated (not in the current directory, but in a directory which is based on the complete path to the current directory)

When I want to install the application with this command:

lb update -changelog f100.xml

it doesn't install anything and shows "Empty file" in the databasechangelog table.

select dateexecuted      ,description        from databasechangelog   order by dateexecuted desc/17-08-20 16:27:59,240368000 empty

In an earlier version of SQLCl, the databasechangelog table would show something like

runOracleScript objectName=apexObject, ownerName=

Any pointers would be appreciated,

Alex

On a side note: I always seems to have empty log-files.. if you have any pointers regarding the log files, it is also appreciated.

Best Answer

  • skutz-Oracle
    skutz-Oracle Member Posts: 109 Employee
    edited Aug 19, 2020 11:29AM Answer ✓

    I had a bug here sorry. You were spot on it's missing the runOracleSCript after the no:

    So in the XML the line after  <changeSet should be:

          <n0:runOracleScript objectName="SCRIPT" objectType="APEX"

    not

    <n0: objectName="SCRIPT" objectType="apexObject"

    I'll look into the path issue next.

    You can just edit the xml file and add int the runOracleScript and change the object type to APEX. I have fixed this for the next release.

Answers

  • skutz-Oracle
    skutz-Oracle Member Posts: 109 Employee
    edited Aug 19, 2020 11:29AM Answer ✓

    I had a bug here sorry. You were spot on it's missing the runOracleSCript after the no:

    So in the XML the line after  <changeSet should be:

          <n0:runOracleScript objectName="SCRIPT" objectType="APEX"

    not

    <n0: objectName="SCRIPT" objectType="apexObject"

    I'll look into the path issue next.

    You can just edit the xml file and add int the runOracleScript and change the object type to APEX. I have fixed this for the next release.