Forum Stats

• 3,826,742 Users
  • 2,260,702 Discussions
  • 7,897,067 Comments

Discussions

Customizing OHJ and OHW

Hey everybody,
In my company, we are trying to use OHJ and OHW for our java products and web browser based products. To follow the guidelines and the usablity procedures I need to customize the look of OHJ and OHW to met ou products requirements. I've learned that I can do that trough teh Help Set file under the <wintype> tag, I'tried to change the <bg> value but nothing happens to the HelpViewer. Could help me?
I've found also that in order to change the GUI look and feel we can change the code. Does any one knows how can I get the code of OHJ and OHW.

Thankx alot for helping.
Kinder regards
Mostafa.

Comments

3004 Member Posts: 204,171 Green Ribbon
    >
    I've learned that I can do that trough teh Help Set file under the <wintype> tag,
    I'tried to change the <bg> value but nothing happens to the HelpViewer. Could help me?

Setting the background color in a wintype tag should work in OHJ. OHW does not support window types and thus will not use this parameter. (The only parameters you can change about OHW's look are the branding text and branding image.) Can you post the wintype section of your helpset? BTW, if you want the wintype to be the default, you must set the default attribute of the wintype tag to "true".

>
    I've found also that in order to change the GUI look and feel we can change the code. Does any one knows how can I get the code of OHJ and OHW.

Oracle makes OHJ and OHW available for free in executable form only. Their source code is not publicly available. For details on the available configuration options for OHJ and OHW, see the Oracle Help Guide at http://otn.oracle.com/ohguide/help.

-brian
This discussion has been closed.