Forum Stats

• 3,759,245 Users
  • 2,251,515 Discussions
  • 7,870,550 Comments

Discussions

Oraclecorp APEX not able to upload BLOB in table

4023791 Member Posts: 1
edited Sep 2, 2020 8:17AM in APEX Discussions

Trying to insert a BLOB(html) file into my table but it is not even allowing any option for data entry. Is there no option to add images to oraclecorp.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hilary Farrell-Oracle
    Hilary Farrell-Oracle Software Development Senior Manager Member Posts: 2,321 Employee
    edited Sep 2, 2020 8:17AM

Hi "4023791"

You have given very little information in your question, and should provide more detailed information when posting questions here, to assist others in providing help:

• What APEX version are you using?
    • What instance are you referring to?
      • You have referred to 'Oraclecorp' in your question - are you referring to our internal instance, apex.oraclecorp.com?  If so, then a) you should identify yourself as an Oracle employee and b) you should post questions relating to that instance on Einstein.  The link to Einstein is provided on the Sign In page for apex.oraclecorp.com.
    • Have you read section 11.7 Understanding BLOB Support in Forms in the APEX 20.1 User's Guide? I'd recommend reviewing this section of the documentation
    • Have you reviewed any of the sample apps provided with APEX via the App Gallery?  A number of the apps such as the Sample Database App, and the Sample File Upload and Download apps, demonstrate the behaviour you're looking to achieve. So it's worth installing those apps in your workspace and review how the file upload is handled, to help identify what's missing in your ap.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Hilary