Forum Stats

• 3,727,349 Users
  • 2,245,373 Discussions
  • 7,852,749 Comments

Discussions

Exporting MySQL connection on SQL Developer 4 to 19

3742130 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2020 in MySQL Community Space

Recently, I have installed SQL Developer v19 on my laptop. I used to connect to MySQL, through a TS, running version 4 of SQL Developer. I have exported the connections through the export connection tool, encrypted the password. However, when I restore these to my laptop, running Java v1.8.0_181, the connections are restored (in a separate connection group, called MySQL) without the details of the DB. Even the port number has been defaulted to the Oracle 1521.

Can anyone help please?

Attached is the screenshot of the MySQL connections after the import.

Best Answer

• Gaz in Oz
    Gaz in Oz Member Posts: 3,773 Bronze Crown
    edited September 2020 Accepted Answer

If you haven't already download and add the mysql java connector which will add "MySQL" to the drop down list. under Connections -> Database Type.

For example:

Tools -> Preferences -> Database -> Third Party JDBC Drivers

pastedImage_3.png

Then when you goto Connections, the MySQL database option will be there.

pastedImage_2.png

You could try re-importing your mysql connections now and see how you go. If you have no success with the imporrting (sqldev 4 is very behind and old WRT 19...) just re-create them from scratch.

37421303742130Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle

Answers

• Gaz in Oz
    Gaz in Oz Member Posts: 3,773 Bronze Crown
    edited September 2020 Accepted Answer

If you haven't already download and add the mysql java connector which will add "MySQL" to the drop down list. under Connections -> Database Type.

For example:

Tools -> Preferences -> Database -> Third Party JDBC Drivers

pastedImage_3.png

Then when you goto Connections, the MySQL database option will be there.

pastedImage_2.png

You could try re-importing your mysql connections now and see how you go. If you have no success with the imporrting (sqldev 4 is very behind and old WRT 19...) just re-create them from scratch.

37421303742130Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle
    3742130 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020

Thanks Gaz in Oz... imports perfectly well, after following your instructions. Wasn't aware about this, since our DBA did needful in that installation, running on a shared folder on that Terminal Server.

Cheers and thanks again.

Ajay