• 2,252,755 Discussions
  • 7,874,485 Comments

Discussions

Interactive Grid: Translated application save report JS errors

KoenAXI
KoenAXI Member Posts: 5 Green Ribbon
edited Sep 19, 2020 11:52AM in APEX Discussions

Hello,

We have a strange problem that occurs on every interactive grid in a translated applications. When someone Saves, edits or deletes a report, the list of reports is no longer shown and no functionality/button is working anymore on the interactive grid. When I reload the page the problem is gone.

The functionality does work on the non-translated application (primary language). I created a simple test application with an interactive grid on the customers table, translated this application and this problem is also occuring here. It seems that for translated applications javascript is crashing. As I take a look in the console, I always get this error: interactiveGrid.min.js?v=20.1.0.00.13:16 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'isReadOnly' of undefined

pastedImage_3.png

We are using Apex 19.1 and Oracle DB 19c. But I also tried this on apex.oracle.com (apex 20.1) and it this problem is also occuring there

Below you can find a screen capture for my problem.

IG_REPORT_BUG.gif

What is the problem here?

The test application can be found on https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/test_public/r/test-ig-bug/login

login: demo/demo1234

Workspace:  TEST_PUBLIC (login with same demo credentials)

The app can also be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o1ELlQmCJ8-kuVhTXogjUiHDM_a26XkJ/view?usp=sharing

Answers

• Unplumbed_Apex
    Unplumbed_Apex Member Posts: 42 Green Ribbon
    edited Sep 16, 2020 2:22PM

Unable to access your page and if I try the workspace login, it is prompting for password change. Can you share workspace developer user so as to have a look at this ?

• KoenAXI
    edited Sep 17, 2020 9:32AM

Ok I created a public workspace:

The test application can be found on https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/test_public/r/test-ig-bug/login

login: demo/demo1234

Workspace:  TEST_PUBLIC (login with same demo credentials)

• Unplumbed_Apex
    Unplumbed_Apex Member Posts: 42 Green Ribbon
    edited Sep 19, 2020 11:52AM

Sorry for delayed response. I think this blog shows a better way to create multi-language app that may not interrupt with apex processing. https://www.triology.de/en/blog-entries/database-applications-oracle-apex . This may be a production error for you so you may try this as a workaround.

This error is still haunting me so I will still pinpoint the problem and let you know.

• Mónica Godoy -Oracle
    Mónica Godoy -Oracle Member Posts: 73 Employee

Hi,

I checked your application and I found out that you're not using p_lang to set the language of the application, for example:

f?p=&APP_ID.:2:&APP_SESSION.::NO:::&p_lang=nl

f?p=&APP_ID.:2:&APP_SESSION.::NO:::&p_lang=fr

I made the following changes directly in your application:

1. Create a navigation list to show the supported languages

2. Create a list region on page 2 to include the previously created list 

3. Seed the translation in Shared Components -> Translate Application

4. Publish the translation

Please check the changes and let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Mónica

Saludos,

Mónica Godoy

• KoenAXI

Hello,

I can see these changes. But I have no issues with setting the language. I was using apex_util.set_session_lang(p_lang => 'nl'); to set the language in stead of the url with p_lang.

My issue isn't resolved with your changes.

In translated application (dutch, french) the saved report list is still dissapearing and the IG stops working after I try to save a private report.

I guess there is a bug somewhere in the interactive grid javascript.

• Mónica Godoy -Oracle
    edited Oct 2, 2020 8:50PM

Hi,

I created a sample app from scratch and it's working fine.

Please take a look: https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/mgm2020/r/ig-lang

user:demo

password: demo1234

Please find the attached application.

Regards,

Mónica

Saludos,

Mónica Godoy

• KoenAXI

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply. I have installed your application, but this is not a solution. You are updating the language with &lang=en. But this is only applied once on the page. When you go to the home page and come back LANG IG page, the lang selection is gone. This is because of this setting

When you are using the url method with &lang=en you need to put this setting on "Session". In that case the language selection is saved correctly and used in all your applications and pages. This is hat we need.

But if you do this, the problem we had before is occuring again. So It seems that when you save your language settings in Session or FSP_LANGUAGE_PREFERENCE the interactive grid is having problems with that. Please can you look further into this problem.

• Mónica Godoy -Oracle

Hi Koen,

You're right, thanks for pointing this.

This bug is already reported: Bug 28495647. We are working on a fix.

Thanks.

Mónica

Saludos,

Mónica Godoy