Forum Stats

• 3,768,728 Users
  • 2,252,841 Discussions
  • 7,874,698 Comments

Discussions

DOAG2016: Forms 12c Upgrade (Frank Hoffmann)

Comments

• Raj_insight
    Raj_insight Member Posts: 43

Hey Frank,

Hope you're doing well; We're planning to migrate oracle forms 11gR2 to 12CR2 on-premise; I believe you would have done this already; Could you please share the issues,fixes or best practices to focus on?

Tags: @Frank Hoffmann

Regards,

Raj

• Juergen Menge
    Juergen Menge Member Posts: 111 Red Ribbon
    edited Oct 4, 2019 12:21PM

Hey Frank,

Hope you're doing well; We're planning to migrate oracle forms 11gR2 to 12CR2 on-premise; I believe you would have done this already; Could you please share the issues,fixes or best practices to focus on?

Regards,

Raj

If you plan to go to 12.2.1.4 you can have a look here:
    https://jan-peter.me/2019/10/01/forms-12-2-1-4-upgrade/

Regards Juergen

• Frank Hoffmann
    Frank Hoffmann Member Posts: 796 Gold Badge

Hey Frank,

Regards,

Raj

Raj,

the upgrade from 11R2 to 12cR4 does not require much work on the modules. A recompile will do the work in most cases. Make sure you keep a copy of your 11g source because once you migrated to 12 the sources are not backwards compatible. 12cR4 has a lot of new features you might want to add. See the latest Version to get a nice overview.

https://www.oracle.com/a/tech/docs/oracleforms-1221-newfeatures.pdf

I have some papers to do the step by step installation with Forms 12 - but they are all iin GERMAN so they will be no big help. The Installation process of the latest Version is nearly 100% equal to 12.2.13. If you find some useful papers with this Version you could use them.

Frank