- 3,734,243 Users
- 2,246,920 Discussions
- 7,857,198 Comments
- 380.9K All Categories
- 2.1K Data
- 203 Big Data Appliance
- 1.9K Data Science
- 446.1K Databases
- 220.4K General Database Discussions
- 23 Multilingual Engine
- 506 MySQL Community Space
- 459 NoSQL Database
- 7.7K Oracle Database Express Edition (XE)
- 2.8K ORDS, SODA & JSON in the Database
- 438 SQLcl
- 3.9K SQL Developer Data Modeler
- 185.4K SQL & PL/SQL
- 20.8K SQL Developer
- 291.3K Development
- 6 Developer Projects
- 117 Programming Languages
- 288.1K Development Tools
- 96 DevOps
- 3K QA/Testing
- 645.2K Java
- 18 Java Learning Subscription
- 36.9K Database Connectivity
- 148 Java Community Process
- 104 Java 25
- 22.1K Java APIs
- 137.7K Java Development Tools
- 165.3K Java EE (Java Enterprise Edition)
- 12 Java Essentials
- 138 Java 8 Questions
- 85.9K Java Programming
- 79 Java Puzzle Ball
- 65.1K New To Java
- 1.7K Training / Learning / Certification
- 13.8K Java HotSpot Virtual Machine
- 94.2K Java SE
- 13.8K Java Security
- 195 Java User Groups
- 180 LiveLabs
- 34 Workshops
- 10.2K Software
- 6.7K Berkeley DB Family
- 3.5K JHeadstart
- 5.7K Other Languages
- 2.3K Chinese
- 165 Deutsche Oracle Community
- 1.2K Español
- 1.9K Japanese
- 225 Portuguese
Java Puzzle Ball MOOC FAQ
Q: I enrolled, but where is the content?
A: Until the course officially launches on May 2, you will not be able to access the course content. After the course is launched, to access the content page, access the registration page , login, and click Go To Course. Then click on the Content tab and select whichever lesson you wish to view. Note that if you are not registered in the course, you won't be able to see the content.
Q: When I click on Lesson <n>, I am directed to the Oracle Learning Library home page, not the Lesson page?
A: Likely your session timed out. Please logout, then click on the registration page link again.
Q: I was enrolled, but I changed my e-mail and now I can't see any of the lessons!
A: The e-mail you used to enroll is also the e-mail we use to enable entitlement to the course. If you change the e-mail, you no longer have access. You'll have to enroll again with the new e-mail. You'll also will need to take the quizzes again.
Q: What time are the lessons presented? When are the live sessions?
A: Lessons for a MOOC are recorded videos. There are no live events, which means you can watch anytime! Read through the description (scroll down to see it) on the registration page.
Q: What is the release schedule of the lessons?
A: A new lesson releases every Wednesday at 9am US/Pacific time. These are the key dates:
- 02 May 2018 - Week 1 Content Released
- 09 May 2018 - Week 2 Content Released
- 16 May 2018 - Week 3 Content Released
- 23 May 2018 - Week 4 Content Released
- 06 June 2018 - Quiz Deadline / Course Close
Q: Will the course be available after the course ends?
A: Yes, but in an online, on-demand format, without the quizzes. Quizzes lock following the quiz deadline
Q: Can I download the video to watch later?
A. No, at this point we do not have an off-line model for the video materials.
Q: My account details are incorrect (my OTN account) how do I change them?
A: Please try this link to contact the OTN folks to fix your account.
Q: When will I get my completion award?
A: When you have a passing score on every quiz. A trophy button on the Status section of the Progress tab will appear, which lets you download a completion award.
Q: How do I know if I passed the quiz?
A: Click on the Progress tab. The scores, date/times, pass/fail of your quiz attempts are accessible from here. Please note:
- You must be logged in and have a valid session to see your results - if they don't show up, log out, log back in and access the course page.
- The Quiz link on the lesson page may or may not show a green check mark - the marks only indicate that you have visited the content, not that you passed or failed the quiz.
- You ONLY need to pass each quiz once to get the course completion award - we will only take the highest score.
Q: How many times can I take the quiz?
A: You can attempt a quiz 3 times. This is because we want to prevent passing-by-guessing. Our goal is to help you learn, which means you're encouraged to research or write code to test answers. We tried to design questions that wouldn't resort to trickery either.
Q: Can I start the quiz and complete it later?
A: Yes. If you leave a quiz, you'll resume wherever you left off.
Q: Can I go back to answer a previous quiz question?
A: Unfortunately, no. We don't have this capability. The only way to re-take a question is to answer every question in a quiz, and then re-take the entire quiz. You might not want to do this if you're limited to 3 quiz attempts.
Q: Where do I upload my homework assignment?
A: The homework is for you to test your understanding of the material. At this time we are not grading the homework, so you don't have to upload it anywhere.
Q: I found an error in the quiz/homework/lecture material. How do I report it?
A: First, thank you. Please let us know right here on the MOOC Community forum.
Q: I still have questions!
A: If the question is about the course content, please post it here to the forum!