• 7,896,786 Comments

Discussions

Java Puzzle Ball MOOC FAQ

2»

Comments

• NickR2600-Oracle
    NickR2600-Oracle Member Posts: 530 Employee

Minor typo in Lab 4 instructions

"It specifies the actions that are preformed when a button is pressed"  Should be performed.

Heidi.

Thanks Heidi.  I've fixed the instructions.  It may take a little while before the update kicks in.

1003583 Member Posts: 1

NickR2600-Oracle,

I have been doing MOOCs. For other MOOCs like JVM troubleshooting, Node js, PL SQL I got the certificates and they show up in my Aria profile.

May I know why was it not done for this course? Could you please take necessary steps to show it in my Aria profile?

• NickR2600-Oracle
    NickR2600-Oracle Member Posts: 530 Employee

NickR2600-Oracle,

I have been doing MOOCs. For other MOOCs like JVM troubleshooting, Node js, PL SQL I got the certificates and they show up in my Aria profile.

May I know why was it not done for this course? Could you please take necessary steps to show it in my Aria profile?

Depending on when you completed the course, that functionality may not have been implemented yet.  Could you send a message to [email protected]?  Then we can start troubleshooting.

• I signed up for the course, even though I have been writing Java code for twenty years as a hobby, because I wanted to see how you would use a game to teach. (I teach computing sometimes.) I was very impressed with how you tied the concepts and the game together. I wasn't sure why you picked the two ideas of instance/static and inheritance. I could see why you chose lambda expressions because they are so different and relatively new. The 'lectures' were clear and informative. I think you could do without the guy with the stocking on his head. The quiz questions didn't necessarily match the taught content. They could be better.

Logging on was a problem. Usually it would take several attempts. I can't see how it could be a problem at my end. The progress indicator didn't update properly. Finding where I could leave this comment took ages.

Thank you for the course.