Forum Stats

• 3,767,936 Users
  • 2,252,732 Discussions
  • 7,874,386 Comments

Discussions

New Release: 19.3.3. Lots of features! Try it out and let us know what you think

Comments

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    Christian.Shay -Oracle Posts: 1,965 Employee
    edited Nov 25, 2020 8:08PM

Hi, no it is not available in 19.3.3.

This is scheduled for the next release.

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    edited Nov 25, 2020 8:15PM

Thanks alot for the nice comments and for taking the time to give us your feedback!

*We plan to add Materialized Views in the next release. Are there other objects types that are missing that you think are critical?

*Intellisense for aliases is also a strong possibility for the next release

*Intellisense is pretty fast, so you may be suffering from the latency you described because your network is slow. Are you experiencing intellisense slowness for any object type, or just some of them? For your own users schema, or others? We already prioritize your schema and commonly used objects but perhaps we could add a way to prioritize other schemas. Could you give more detail on what is slow for you?

*We do plan to add PL/SQL debugging in a future release

Thanks again!

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    edited Nov 25, 2020 11:50PM

Hi, our extension does not provide a way to modify the colors used for highlighting.

But please press F1 and in the command pallete type "theme". There you will see choices for color themes as well as a way to create your own custom theme. It may be possible that you are able to get things the way you like. Once you have tried that, let me know how it goes.

As for the issue with the results window showing one less row, we are aware of that. It seems to happen most when the Page Size extension setting is set to a lower number. Can you try setting Page Size to 20+?

• User_6BTKC
    User_6BTKC Member Posts: 28 Green Ribbon

Christian, thank you for collecting it and also just the updates in general I know we're talking enhancements but what you've done already is great. For your questions:

<<Are there other objects types that are missing that you think are critical?>>

I think for most workflows all that is missing are Materialized Views. It may be nice to add something like the public DB links that your user can see within your own schema but its really not as needed as materialized views. Maybe it is my work environment but we utilize them A TON.

<<Are you experiencing intellisense slowness for any object type, or just some of them? For your own users schema, or others?  Could you give more detail on what is slow for you?>>

It is the second scenario. Things in my schema are fine but others pull up when you detect we are using them. So if I log in as GREG but plan on working on a package against schema BOB, BOB only starts populating when I first type into it. If it is a particularly large schema I could be waiting a bit for BOB to get pulled in. It would be nice to have a box or setting per connection that says pull in the data for these schemas upon connection so that can get out of the way up front. If it also und

• User_0GZN5
    User_0GZN5 Member Posts: 3 Red Ribbon
    edited Dec 7, 2020 9:17PM

Hi... I have set the Page Size to 25, but this hasn't helped. Hopefully it will be resolved in the next iteration. I've attached a quick snapshot of both the size issue and the colouring. I wasn't able to find anything in the theme. But I'm not familiar with what the setting might be called.

Greatly appreciated and really like using this tool. Thanks!!

• User_WP7OZ
    User_WP7OZ Member Posts: 7 Green Ribbon

Hi there,

Great extension, I have a couple of questions and suggestions for next version:

1. Is it possible to check the compilation errors? After a package compilation a have to execute "SHOW ERRORS" to check whats wrong with the code.
    2. The extension supports vs code symbols or is planned this feature? This is really useful especially when the package is big.
    3. The intellisense is fantastic, it would be great if we have the option to auto complete in lower case.
    4. A better option to search an object. My database is really big, and search an object by schema and typing name in herarchy is really annoying. In SQL developer is so simple, just select the object name in the editor and press Shift+F4.

Sorry about my English, i speak Spanish :)

• Thanks and sorry you are hitting this. Hopefully we can fix this in the next release. Sometimes I don't see this issue, but I have not isolated why it works sometimes and not others. Thanks again for the report.

• User_6BTKC
    User_6BTKC Member Posts: 28 Green Ribbon

Hi is the issue the thin results table or the color scheme? I can confirm and try to get a capture of the small results area if that is the issue i have noticed it as well.

• Hi, I very much appreciate the work put into improving this extension. Once the "Other Users" feature was added to browse other schemas I have been able to use this extension in my regular SQL workflow. I love the extension overall.

However, one issue I am having is that the last row of the table preview is cut off. Below is a result with just two rows to show the effect:

This is just slightly annoying when trying to read off an aggregation, because I have to scroll to see the last line. Not a big deal once, but if I'm reading off ten or more aggregations it becomes a little more cumbersome (e.g. if I am entering the numbers into a form I have to keep switching windows). I know it is a small thing but it would be an improvement. (Sorry if it was mentioned above, I haven't read through previous posts).

My only other feature request would be a whitespace formatting feature (as in SQL Developer when hitting ctrl+F7).

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    edited Dec 12, 2020 8:04PM
    1. Compilation errors can be seen (without using SHOW ERRORS) if you edit PL/SQL using "Edit" option in Oracle Explorer. It is currently not available for other SQL scripts. We are looking into that for a future enhancement.
    2. We are planning to include breadcrumbs soon, hopefully in the next release to make it easy to navigate though a large PL/SQL package.
    3. Interesting suggestion. I will let the team know.
    4. We are trying to improve performance in large databases

Thanks for the valuable input!

Christian