• 3,817,330 Users
  • 2,259,314 Discussions
  • 7,893,751 Comments

Discussions

How to export an apex app completely

marioW
marioW Member Posts: 20 Green Ribbon

Dear Experts

I am using to free apex online workspaces (Apex 20.1) with 2 seperate email accounts and 2 different workspace names.

Whenever i do an export of an apex app in one workspace and import it into the second workspace it seems to work perfectly. But when trying to open the webapp with a browser I got an error. Also ist seems to me that no tables for the app have been saved before....

Is there a possibility to export an apex web app with tables, user and all content to another workspace?

Thanks a lot for your help

Mario

Answers

• AndyH
    AndyH Member Posts: 804 Bronze Trophy
    edited Oct 3, 2020 3:50PM

The APEX export is only an export of the application code, not the database objects it uses.

To get table definitions, PL/SQL code, etc. you should look at Supporting Objects. In installation Scripts you can create a script that refers to database object(s). On export it will create scripts to match the objects, on install it will create the objects.

I don't of an way of exporting/importing table data other than using the SQL tools (SQL Developer, etc.) to generate insert scripts for the relevant tables and including them in your Supporting Objects.

Gabriel Guzman
  • InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 9,817 Gold Crown

But when trying to open the webapp with a browser I got an error.

Are you using Apex accounts for authentication? Workspaces don't share users, so users must be defined in both workspaces.

If you have your own user management tables in your application than. as explained by AndyH, an export doesn't export your tables, packages, data etc.

• marioW

Thanks Andy and InoL

Yes I am using Apex accounts for authentification. Is there a way to use 'oracle sql developer' to backup the tables and data. As I said I am using the free online workspace by Oracle.

Thanks again

Mario

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 9,817 Gold Crown
     I am using the free online workspace by Oracle.

That can still mean two things:

1. apex.oracle.com
    2. the free Oracle ATP service

In case of 1: you have no SQDeveloper access.

In case of 2: you can create a dump via Data Pump.

• marioW

OK, I am using apex.oracle.com ...

Thanks for your help!!