• 3,758,936 Users
  • 2,251,478 Discussions
  • 7,870,439 Comments

Discussions

How to download "Sample Interactive Grids"

venapex
venapex Member Posts: 34 Red Ribbon
edited Oct 7, 2020 12:19AM in Packaged Applications

The Sample Interactive Grids app hosted on the Oracle APEX site is very slick.

https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=100417

The fonts and the size of the columns and grids are compact compared to what is available in 20.1. The menu is the best. How did they do it? How do I go into developer mode and see the code? Or is there a way to download?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hilary Farrell-Oracle
    Hilary Farrell-Oracle Software Development Senior Manager Member Posts: 2,321 Employee
    edited Oct 12, 2020 2:21PM

Hi "OracleUser_8BV8D",

You may wish to consider updating your username to something more meaningful.

The specific app you're referring to is installed in my team mate's workspace, and as an End User, you are not permitted to access their workspace, or download the app.

The good news is that we ship the Sample Interactive Grids app with our releases. So you can easily install it on your own workspace. Simply navigate to App Gallery, select Sample Interactive Grids, and click 'Install App'. By default, the app ships with Navigation Menu position set to 'Side'. In my team mate John's example (app ID 100417), John has changed the position to be 'Top'. That's something you can easily set in your own installed app. Upon installing Sample Interactive Grids, navigate to Edit Application Properties > User Interface, and in the Navigation Menu region, change Position to Top. Click Apply Changes, to save this setting.

Regards,

Hilary

• venapex

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for your response!

I have updated my username to something other than what the community site gave me initially. BTW, the new site is worse compared to the previous one. It is very slow, buggy and the UI looks ancient.

I did change the navigation menu to top from the sample gallery app. But it does not have the same UI as John's. Please check out menu navigation UIs from both of the apps and see how the visualization looks like under each menu.

Thanks,

Venkat

• Hilary Farrell-Oracle
    Hilary Farrell-Oracle Software Development Senior Manager Member Posts: 2,321 Employee

Hi Venkat,

In relation to your feedback on the new forum - as the forum is managed by an entirely different team within Oracle, and not something we on the APEX team have control over, it's best to provide your feedback directly to that team. Take a look at the thread https://community.oracle.com/tech/welcome/discussion/4475694/were-back-9-29, where you may wish to add your comments.

Apologies, I hadn't noticed the customisations that John had applied to the menu in his own example. Can I ask where you obtained the link to that app?

Regards,

Hilary

• venapex

Hi Hilary,

Not sure where but I stumbled upon it when searching for some advice related to IG. Wish those customizations are available to everyone.

Thanks,

Venkat

• Hilary Farrell-Oracle
    Accepted Answer

Hi Venkat,

It's a while since you initially posted this thread, but I just checked John's blog and found the associated posting for the menu customisations that you're referring to: see More APEX Menu Fun for John's detailed steps.

Regards,

Hilary

• venapex

Thank you so much Hilary!