Does the current ODP NET 19 version support Oracle Database 11.2 in VS2017? — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,708,742 Users
  • 2,241,117 Discussions
  • 7,840,569 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does the current ODP NET 19 version support Oracle Database 11.2 in VS2017?

User_TYI9VUser_TYI9V Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

I'm looking to upgrade my version of ODP from 12.2 to the current version as I've been having some issues with Kerberos authentication with Managed ODP NET. In the documentation I see some mixed answers on what database versions are supported. In the datasheet, it says that versions 11.2 and up are supported. On the ODAC/ODP download page for Visual Studio 2017 it says that versions 12.2 and up are supported. On The ODAC/ODP download page for Visual Studio 2015 it says that versions 11.2 and up are supported. Is this a typo, or is it correct that only 12.2+ versions are supported when using Visual Studio 2017 and ODP NET 19? I'm currently running Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools for Visual Studio 2017 SSDT v 15.9.26 with Microsoft NET Framework Version 4.8.03761.

I can't post links yet but the datasheet can be found on the main Oracle Data Provider for .NET page under Database / Technologies / Application Development / Oracle Data Provider for NET. in the Technical Information Section. The information for Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2017 downloads can be found by clicking on Download ODP NET via ODAC under the Downloads, Discussion Forum, and Sample Code section and then clicking on the respective links on that page it brings you to. 

Best Answer

Answers

• User_TYI9VUser_TYI9V Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

Thanks for the clarification on that Alex. I went ahead and installed ODP.NET 19c, but unfortunately it did not resolve my issues. I did find your "Connecting Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services and Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools to Oracle Autonomous Database " tutorial, and it looks like I'm following all the pertinent steps in there. In particular, I'm trying to connect from an SSRS report project within SSDT. I'll create a separate question form my current issues.

• Alex Keh-OracleAlex Keh-Oracle Posts: 2,720 Employee
    edited October 2020

Here are the SSRS to Oracle ADB instructions. They are similar to the SSIS instructions with the main difference the SSRS UI to connect to a DB.