ODP.NET OraOps error — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,708,745 Users
  • 2,241,117 Discussions
  • 7,840,574 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ODP.NET OraOps error

user10374756user10374756 Posts: 15 Blue Ribbon

Hi,

I have a .NET 4 solution that is generating a really strange error of not founding OraOpsXX.dll

Background:

The solution is .NET 4 using ODAC 11.2.0.3 (all x64) and connecting to a 11g DB

Server is Windows 2012 R2 with ODAC 11.2.0.3 installed

All the installations (and uninstall) have been made using the CMD (with Admin privilege)

install.bat odp.net4 c:\oracle odac true

install.bat asp.net4 c:\oracle odac false

uninstall.bat all odac (when uninstalling)

We upgraded the DB to 19c

I upgraded the ODAC to 18.3, changed the references in the solution, run the solution in local -> all OK. Connects fine and I can work with the DB

I then upgraded the server to 18.3 and then loaded the new solution -> error saying cannot find OraOps18.dll

made the same with 12.2.0.1.0. Works on dev machine localhost, the server triggers error saying cannot find OraOps12.dll

I then installed 11.2.0.4 (not the original 11.2.0.3) and everything works both on local dev machine and server and I'm able to connect to the 19c DB.

Everything is x64 (I've read this could cause the error).

Any hints?

Thanks

Andrea

Best Answer

• user10374756user10374756 Posts: 15 Blue Ribbon
    Accepted Answer

HI Alex,

thanks for the kind support. I opened the topic after struggling for two weeks on this.

Finally I think I made it :)

I used Microsoft Process Monitor to dig through the error and discovered that the application server was trying to load a c++ 2013 dll which was not installed on the server. This dll was instead on the Dev machine because installed by the dev environment.

Was really tricky ..

Hope it helps other users.

Thanks!

Andrea

Answers

• Alex Keh-OracleAlex Keh-Oracle Posts: 2,720 Employee

Unmanaged ODP.NET uses unmanaged DLLs. The error means that ODP.NET can't find the right version of its unmanaged DLLs beginning with the OraOpsX.dll.

To ensure each ODP.NET deployment can find its correct version of Oracle Client, use the DllPath setting in ODP.NET. There's a number of places you can set DllPath with the local locations used first ahead of more global options. More info here: https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-data-access-components/19.3.2/odpnt/InstallODP.html#GUID-5487F4DD-69BB-4FF2-9FD6-5512EDA14F31

• user10374756user10374756 Posts: 15 Blue Ribbon
    Accepted Answer

HI Alex,

thanks for the kind support. I opened the topic after struggling for two weeks on this.

Finally I think I made it :)

I used Microsoft Process Monitor to dig through the error and discovered that the application server was trying to load a c++ 2013 dll which was not installed on the server. This dll was instead on the Dev machine because installed by the dev environment.

Was really tricky ..

Hope it helps other users.

Thanks!

Andrea