Forum Stats

• 3,768,641 Users
  • 2,252,826 Discussions
  • 7,874,667 Comments

Discussions

SQL Developer can't read files from the /Users/<user name>/Documents folder in Mac OS

2»

Answers

• adnan645
    adnan645 Member Posts: 478 Bronze Badge

what is /usr/bash ? how to find this from Finder window? I search with 'bash' but didn't find anything. Thanks.

• JKL
    JKL Member Posts: 29 Bronze Badge

@adnan645 good catch,

@Ray007, thanks for the response as well. I also mark Ray007 answer as correct. Thanks guys.

adnan645
  • Thanks! Like 3 hours spent guessing what could be, thinking about java issues and it was the damned Macos permissions!

The strange thing is that I had catalina in the past and never happened this to me, always updating from previous versions, though. From a fresh installation of Catalina, donwgrading from BigSur, it started behaving this way.

Anyway, thanks again, was ready to cry!

• User_Z3U8M
    User_Z3U8M Member Posts: 4 Red Ribbon

I have iMac with Big Sur, and managed to overcome this problem by putting my files into the Public directory.

• LindsayS
    LindsayS Member Posts: 29 Blue Ribbon

I am not very happy granting full system access to bash - a simple approach (may not suit all requirements), until this is addressed is do not save the files in Documents, Desktop or Downloads. Create a new folder under ~/ for saving all of your work.

• dpswind
    dpswind Member Posts: 14 Blue Ribbon

Are there any "consequences" to granting full disk access to /bin/bash ? I agree with LindsayS and have created a sql folder under my home. Your tip saved me half a day. Thanks. -Steve

macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 SQL Developer Version 20.4.1.407 Build 407.0006

• croca
    croca Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

Giving full access to /bin/bash worked for me.

OSX BigSur.

SQLDev20.

I had to apply minor changes to explanation provided by Ray007.

1. open security and privacy systems preference pane
    2. click the lock and unlock
    3. click on "Full Disk Access" on the left panel
    4. click the + button to add an app
    5. In the dialog panel that opens up, type "/" to get the "Go to the folder:" panel to pop up. This did not work for me. What I did:
    6. instead of typing "/", press Apple shortcut "Shift+command+G" so box showed up and then typed "/bin", this way all contents in folder showed up and choose "bash"
    7. then click open
    8. finally, "Click the lock to prevent further changes", if not, changes are not applied.

Sqldeveloper works great after that.

• croca
    croca Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

Giving full access to /bin/bash worked for me.

OSX BigSur.

SQLDev20.

I had to apply minor changes to explanation provided by Ray007.

1. open security and privacy systems preference pane
    2. click the lock and unlock
    3. click on "Full Disk Access" on the left panel
    4. click the + button to add an app
    5. In the dialog panel that opens up, type "/" to get the "Go to the folder:" panel to pop up. This did not work for me. What I did:
    6. instead of typing "/", press Apple shortcut "Shift+command+G" so box showed up and then typed "/bin", this way all contents in folder showed up and choose "bash"
    7. then click open
    8. finally, "Click the lock to prevent further changes", if not, changes are not applied.

Sqldeveloper works great after that.

JiF Brodeur