Charting Values from Checkbox Column — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,714,823 Users
  • 2,242,634 Discussions
  • 7,845,082 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Charting Values from Checkbox Column

B_Brock
B_Brock Member Posts: 14 Green Ribbon

I have a form in APEX that collects multiple values in a single column by way of a series of checkboxes. I need to report against the values in that column, but am not sure how to approach it.... Would anybody mind pointing me in the right direction? I'm working with APEX 20.1.

Screenshot attached illustrates the concept I'm after.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 19,318 Black Diamond

I have a form in APEX that collects multiple values in a single column by way of a series of checkboxes. I need to report against the values in that column, but am not sure how to approach it.... Would anybody mind pointing me in the right direction? I'm working with APEX 20.1.

This is a clear example of the problems that occur as a result of violating first normal form.

Normalize the data model so that the 1:M relationship is represented in a separate table.

See

Screenshot attached illustrates the concept I'm after.

Only for users of visual browsers. Please do not disenfranchise users of assistive technologies by posting screenshots of text content like code, sample data,and error messages.

• B_Brock
    B_Brock Member Posts: 14 Green Ribbon

Thank you both for your suggestions - Veerendra's recommended sql does the job well. :-)