Forum Stats

• 3,781,554 Users
  • 2,254,530 Discussions
  • 7,879,753 Comments

Discussions

Importing DDL Files

I was importing a DDL file with the CREATE TABLE for a table that is already in my model. Just wanted to update the model with some new columns and FKs. Unfortunately, the DDL has table and column names in lower case, while the model has them in upper case. So it decided that my_table was a new table, even though MY_TABLE already exists.

Any way to tell the DDL importer that they are really the same table? Now what I did was run the DDL, and synchronized the model with the data dictionary. But not what I really wanted to do, since eventually we'll be running ALTER commands with new columns at the bottom. But I don't want them at the bottom of the table in the mode.

Best Answer

• jflack
    jflack Member Posts: 1,516 Bronze Trophy
    Accepted Answer

When I looked at the compare options, "Case Sensitive Names" was already unchecked. However, I looked at "Use "Schema" Property" and it was checked. The DDL file that I was trying to import doesn't have schema names. Once I unchecked the schema option, and refreshed the tree, it worked as I expected.

Thanks @Philip Stoyanov-Oracle for pointing me in the right direction.

Answers

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Member Posts: 3,369 Employee

in compare models dialog clear "case sensitive names" flag and refresh the tree - that dialog is used when two models are compared - import from DDL file(s)/directories or import from database.

Philip

jflack
  • jflack
    jflack Member Posts: 1,516 Bronze Trophy
    Accepted Answer

When I looked at the compare options, "Case Sensitive Names" was already unchecked. However, I looked at "Use "Schema" Property" and it was checked. The DDL file that I was trying to import doesn't have schema names. Once I unchecked the schema option, and refreshed the tree, it worked as I expected.

Thanks @Philip Stoyanov-Oracle for pointing me in the right direction.