This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,112 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

Dell PowerEdge Linux 8.3 Database 19c

Amin Adatia
Amin Adatia Ottawa, ON, CanadaMember Posts: 361 Bronze Badge

Hi

I am trying to install Oracle 19c (19.9 Patch applied) on Linux 8.3. When I run dbca and select 4 pdbs with prefix p19 and Container C19; the summary gives zero for PDBS and creates only the Container and the seed PDBs. I then tried the same thing on a laptop and only the first time did I get to see the 4 pdbs as selected. However, while creating the database views I get ORA-03113:end of channel communication error.

Am I missing a patch? I have applied to Oracle 19c

6880880 - version OPatch 19.0.0.0.0

P688P31668882

P31750108 (P31771877 and P31772784)

Regards

Answers

• Amin Adatia

Turned out it was a memory setting issue. Reduced 10 1GB SGA and 300MB PGA and the database got created after a few hours. But no PDBs were created.

Next tried to create the pdbs using DBCA but

[FATAL] [DBT-11502] The instance (C19) is not running on the local node.

CAUSE: A locally running instance is required to perform the selected operation.

ACTION: Specify a locally running database, or execute DBCA on a node where the database instance is running.

So then tried the manual approach sing

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbca '-silent' '-createPluggableDatabase' '-createUserTableSpace' 'true' '-sourceDB' 'C19' '-pdbName' 'P1991' '-createPDBFrom' 'DEFAULT' '-pdbDataFileDestination' '/var/oradata/C19' '-pdbAdminPassword' 'pdbAdmin_Password' '-pdbAdminUserName' 'pdbadmin'

Same Error Message

[FATAL] [DBT-11502] The instance (C19) is not running on the local node.

CAUSE: A locally running instance is required to perform the selected operation.

ACTION: Specify a locally running database, or execute DBCA on a node where the database instance is running.

• Brett Calhoun
    Brett Calhoun Member Posts: 42 Bronze Badge

Amin,

In regards to the DBT-11502 error, I found this via a Google search. Also, did you make sure the instance was running and you can connect to the instance?

[FATAL] [DBT-11502] The instance (CDB2) is not running on the local node.

Check  -sourceDB parameter specifies the instance name is correct. Case-sensitive, if it is capitalized, the need to bring the single quotation marks . Also note that the " source-sink " refers not be cloned database, but to clone the target library .

Thanks,

Brett

• Amin Adatia

Brett

Thanks

I start the database and I can query v$pdbs which has only one pdb PDB$SEED and ORACLE_SID is C19

The script I saw in the Bug Report from Oracle Support has no "source-sink" so I am not sure where it fits in the script.

I will check all the quotations and try again tomorrow

• Amin Adatia

After applying some more updates to Linux I was able to create my PDBs.