Forum Stats

• 3,770,440 Users
  • 2,253,113 Discussions
  • 7,875,456 Comments

Discussions

URL Issue

r.khattri
r.khattri Member Posts: 47 Red Ribbon

My application was running fine with friendly URL. For testing purpose I created 50 user ids and ask the user to change the password.

1. Once they change the password its redirected to a error page. But Password updated and user can login.
  2. After sometime user found issue that when they hit the URL and a blank page appear and its keep loading...loading... and bottom of the page waiting for ip 10.134...
  3. I checked the same from my end and same error . So I disable the the friendly URL and it works for me.

Comments

• Billy Verreynne
    Billy Verreynne Software Engineer Member Posts: 28,601 Red Diamond

APEX version? ORDS version? Using ORDS standalone, with Tomcat, or with WebLogic?

There should be an access log showing HTTP requests (command and URL used) - which goes by various names in web servers. Find this log file and have a look at just what the HTTP command send by the web browser to be serviced, contains.

• r.khattri

@Billy Verreynne Thank you

I think with the issue nobody user and this user is active .Because of this tomcat server many open sessions and crashed.

Please suggest.

• Billy Verreynne

Why do you say that? What do you see to make you think that?

ORDS session pool is sized as configured. Session pool exhausted means simply that database responses are slow - and there are a million and one reasons for that. But because the user is "nobody", is not a reason I have seen.

• r.khattri

@Billy Verreynne I run this command in the server : netstat -anp | grep 8080 .

I found so many connection running. I killed all the connection and after that its working fine.

Yes I agree nobody is not the reason. But when we hit for login url (but not login) a session(nobody) is created and I think a session is created at tomcat server end too. Whereas nobody session is destroyed after some time but session/connection created at tomcat server not destroyed.

The above is my observation may be I am wrong.

My application work if 25 user login at the same time . If 30 users login at the same time it through error 503.

• Billy Verreynne

Killing sessions does not address any of the root cause issues.

ORDS has a JDBC session pool of connection to the database(s) configured. Each of these will result in an Oracle session.

These sessions will be idle, until ORDS uses a session to service a URL request by calling the APEX runtime flow engine.

Two points. You configure the size of the JDBC session pool. These sessions, once created, are reused - they are not automatically terminated immediately after use.

The default ORDS settings for the connection pool are conservative. And unlikely to cause a huge number of Oracle sessions, or causing Tomcat to crash.

You said:

Because of this tomcat server many open sessions and crashed.

In which case it seems that your have modified the default ORDS parameter settings. Review your default.xml ORDS configuration file settings.