Requests for the next release — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,715,829 Users
  • 2,242,890 Discussions
  • 7,845,628 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Requests for the next release

User_EF1YH
User_EF1YH Member Posts: 10 Green Ribbon

Hey, couple of quality of life improvements that would really be valued in the next release:

1) Better syntax highlighting; as we are forced to set the file language to the Oracle-SQL and PLSQL to be able to run the queries it would be good if the language setup was as good as the default SQL highlighting. Currently the word LEFT is recognised as "constant.language.sqlplus.set_const_5.oraclesql" as is" IS NOT NULL" (one of these is a keyword, one is a boolean operation or a keyword, as where null is a value so could be argued that it should be another colour). These are different colours from keywords such as SELECT, but words such as JOIN, INNER, PURGE etc are not recognised at all. As well as this no functions seem to be highlighted (e.g. SUM, TRUNC). Because the definitions at the core of the language are set this way it is impossible to customise any highlighting as that vast majority of code is seen as the same type.

2) The ability to set the NLS in the user settings would be really appreciated, currently the default seems to be mm/dd/yyyy hh24:mi:ss but as someone in the UK this is obviously not how I would have it set, and having to run the setting command every single time I connect is not feasible.

3) I know it has been said before, but autocomplete on alias names for tables would be a step up from the current process.

Hopefully those are sensible and feasible suggestions!

Answers