Forum Stats

• 3,767,858 Users
  • 2,252,726 Discussions
  • 7,874,366 Comments

Discussions

How to place label LEFT from Popup LOV / Select List? (Apex 19.2)

Hello

I have some Popup LOVs and Select Lists for which I would like to set the label LEFT from the widget. You usually do that for items with Template = Optional but this does not work for Popup LOVs and Select Lists. I then played around with other options. The closest I could come to what I wanted:

• Remove Label text
  • In Template of the LOVs/Lists: Top/Bottom Margin: None (but doesn't change anything at all)
  • Set label text in Pre Text (any HTML like <div style="width: 200px !important">myLabel</div> will be ignored

In the end it looks like this:

All over: Do you see any options to...

• set label LEFT from Popup LOV?
  • remove not used space of vertical label?

Regards

Tagged:

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,069 Red Diamond

I have some Popup LOVs and Select Lists for which I would like to set the label LEFT from the widget. You usually do that for items with Template = Optional but this does not work for Popup LOVs and Select Lists.

I see no evidence that this is the case. Suggest you check the Label Position region template option.

• John like many others
    John like many others Member Posts: 107 Red Ribbon

Thank you for your answer...

Not sure what you mean... On Region level (Static Content) in the Template Options you have "Label Position":

• Inline Default
    • Show Form Label Above

There is no "Show Form Label Left", so both do not help solving the problem.

• fac586

Not sure what you mean... On Region level (Static Content) in the Template Options you have "Label Position":

Inline Default

Show Form Label Above

There is no "Show Form Label Left", so both do not help solving the problem.

The only way that I can see for an Optional label template not to be displayed in the expected position is for the region settings to have Label Position set to Show Form Label Above instead of the default Inline Default.

Suggest you demonstrate the problem on apex.oracle.com.

• John like many others
    John like many others Member Posts: 107 Red Ribbon

Aaaah ok, got the point but doesn't help in my case as I need the labels on the left side of the LOVs. In between I have no clue why this is such a problem for Popup LOVs and Select Lists but I've found a workaround that fits my needs. I post it here in case someone else will run into same problem:

1. Remove Text in Label
    2. Set Label text in attribute Pre Text
    3. In a Dynamic Action on Page Load add:

// Remove space of label

$(".t-Form-labelContainer").css("display", "none");

// Set width of Pre Text to a size it fits well (you also can text-align: right if wanted)

$(".t-Form-itemText--pre").css("width", "110px");

Result:

• fac586

I need the labels on the left side of the LOVs. In between I have no clue why this is such a problem for Popup LOVs and Select Lists but I've found a workaround that fits my needs.

As stated above I seen no evidence that any such issue exists, which is why we need to see a demonstration of it.