Forum Stats

• 3,875,405 Users
  • 2,266,911 Discussions
  • 7,912,196 Comments

Discussions

Is it possible to build a fleet management web app through Oracle Apex?

Also, how could one integrate lets say a Teltonika GPS tracker to send data to the site? Thanks in advance

Answers

• Sylvain Martel
    Sylvain Martel Member Posts: 857 Silver Trophy

Hello User,

You question is pretty broad but I guess the short answer is yes.

APEX allows to present information and execute transaction on oracle objects (views, tables, pl/sql, etc.), consume web services (SOAP or REST), integrate web technologies like NodeJS, Oracle JET, and pretty much anything that can be accessed with an IP address.

Can we build a fleet management app? For sure. Can we access GPS tracking devices? For sure if they can be exposed somehow (which I assume they could).

It looks like this would be an advanced type of application but if you are searching for Oracle APEX experts, they will ask you "when can we start!"

Hope this helps!

User_NQW0T
  • User_NQW0T
    User_NQW0T Member Posts: 2

Thank you for your answer. Yes the trackers can be "exposed" and i will look in to the manner a little more deeply when a batch of them comes around with witch i can experiment

• User_VYO3M
    User_VYO3M Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Yes, it is possible. You will need to create a middleware ar adapter to receive the raw data from the GPS Traccker, send back acknowledge, parse the data and publish on APEX trough a REST POST. You will need to understand the protocol of the Teltonika trackers:

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/Codec

Do not think the middleware can be done on APEX it would probably require a container or vm running a custom made code (probably on NodeJS or JAVA) that can perform the activities listed above.

Take into account that in general you do not query the device cause as it moves between towers and carriers (doing roaming)l it changes it IP address all the time, also the same IP address can be re-used for another device. In general you configure the GPS device to send the updates to your server.