This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,691 Users
  • 2,269,776 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

Reports User Creation

User_CS62G
User_CS62G Member Posts: 17 Red Ribbon

Hello Team,

I have very limited knowledge about Oracle Fusion Middleware(OFM), so desparately looking for help from experts.

I have a task in hand, wherein I have to create a database Report user, which will not be a schema owner and very limited access to other schema objects. I have created a database user Reports_User. I have amended the cgicmd.dat file on OFM server with new user credentials. I have executed the srwAPIins.sql on OFM server connecting with new user. I have created the below Synonyms as well :

create public synonym SRW_PARAMETER for REPORTS_USER.SRW_PARAMETER;

create public synonym SRW_PARAMLIST for REPORTS_USER.SRW_PARAMLIST;

create public synonym SRW_PARAMLIST_OBJECT for REPORTS_USER.SRW_PARAMLIST_OBJECT;

create public synonym SRW for REPORTS_USER.SRW;

I have created a reports role as REPORTS_ROLE and assigned the Execute privileges as below :

grant execute on SRW_PARAMLIST_OBJECT to REPORTS_ROLE;

grant execute on SRW_PARAMLIST to REPORTS_ROLE;

grant execute on SRW_PARAMETER to REPORTS_ROLE;

grant execute on SRW to REPORTS_ROLE;

Now when I execute the report, it is throwing and exception with error number : - 20212. When I drilled down to the SRW package I can find few exceptions defined out of which :

-- HTTP-Request failed

HTTP_REQUEST_FAILED    exception;

PRAGMA exception_init(HTTP_REQUEST_FAILED, -20212);

Please help, how to resolve this error. I need help in understanding how OFM server and DB server connects with each other and executes the reports.

Any document or Youtube link which I can follow would be most appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Biswajeet Ghosh.