• 3,728,531 Users
  • 2,245,647 Discussions
  • 7,853,577 Comments

Discussions

Reports User Creation

User_CS62G
User_CS62G Member Posts: 9 Red Ribbon

Hello Team,

I have very limited knowledge about Oracle Fusion Middleware(OFM), so desparately looking for help from experts.

I have a task in hand, wherein I have to create a database Report user, which will not be a schema owner and very limited access to other schema objects. I have created a database user Reports_User. I have amended the cgicmd.dat file on OFM server with new user credentials. I have executed the srwAPIins.sql on OFM server connecting with new user. I have created the below Synonyms as well :

create public synonym SRW_PARAMETER for REPORTS_USER.SRW_PARAMETER;

create public synonym SRW_PARAMLIST for REPORTS_USER.SRW_PARAMLIST;

create public synonym SRW_PARAMLIST_OBJECT for REPORTS_USER.SRW_PARAMLIST_OBJECT;

create public synonym SRW for REPORTS_USER.SRW;

I have created a reports role as REPORTS_ROLE and assigned the Execute privileges as below :

grant execute on SRW_PARAMLIST_OBJECT to REPORTS_ROLE;

grant execute on SRW_PARAMLIST to REPORTS_ROLE;

grant execute on SRW_PARAMETER to REPORTS_ROLE;

grant execute on SRW to REPORTS_ROLE;

Now when I execute the report, it is throwing and exception with error number : - 20212. When I drilled down to the SRW package I can find few exceptions defined out of which :

-- HTTP-Request failed

HTTP_REQUEST_FAILED    exception;

PRAGMA exception_init(HTTP_REQUEST_FAILED, -20212);

Please help, how to resolve this error. I need help in understanding how OFM server and DB server connects with each other and executes the reports.

Any document or Youtube link which I can follow would be most appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Biswajeet Ghosh.