JDeveloper doesn't show other JavaDoc References when I try to edit code — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,714,551 Users
  • 2,242,576 Discussions
  • 7,844,931 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JDeveloper doesn't show other JavaDoc References when I try to edit code

Daza25
Daza25 Member Posts: 11 Blue Ribbon

Hello,

I am using: JDeveloper 12.2.1.4.0_GENERIC_190911.2248.S

I have added a JavaDoc URL in "Java Se Definitions", but JDeveloper doesn't show this help when I try to edit code. (see image)

"public static UIComponent findComponentInRoot" of ADFUtils has a JavaDoc Comments at that URL

Could you explain me how add other JavaDoc References to JDevelopert IDE, please?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 36,721 Red Diamond

I'm not sure it works this way. In the dialog you specify the path to the documentation of the classes provided in the Classpath section. ADFUtils are not part of the classpath.

Have you tried to create a new library for the ADFUtils, providing the classpath and source and docpath there?

Timo

• Daza25

Yes, I have created a new library for the ADFUtils, and it is defined into "Manage Libraries" option of JDeveloper, but I have the same issue.

Any suggestion, please?

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 36,721 Red Diamond

User, don't add the adfUtls stuff to the Java SE libraries!

Create a library for the ADFUtils. In the definition of the library, you point to the classes, the doc (the path to the javadoc you created) and if you like the sources.

In your image, you point each (classes, doc, and source) to the same jar. I guess you have not packed the one jar with everything (which isn't good practice anyway).

Timo

• Daza25
    Accepted Answer

I have follow this Tutorial:

https://technology.amis.nl/oracle/adf-11g-debugging-task-flows-embedded-from-adf-libraries-using-source-code-jars/

To generate a separate Source Code JAR File, then I added that file in "Manage Libraries" option of JDeveloper

This process works great; My first .jar was different, that was the mistake.

Thanks for your help Timo