Forum Stats

• 3,723,261 Users
  • 2,244,520 Discussions
  • 7,850,383 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FRM-41011: Undefined visual attribute

user5108636
user5108636 Member Posts: 1,737 Silver Badge

This error comes up only in the production environment and not in any test and dev environments. I have been tasked to troubleshoot the issue.

The same compiled form file has been applied to all the environments. All other environments are finePlease advise, how to go about troubleshooting it.

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Member Posts: 6,499 Employee

All modules must be generated into executables (FMX, MMX, PLX) on the machine where they are expected to be run. These compiled files are not portable. Did you generate the failing FMX on the machine where you are trying to run it?

Also, in the future, please be sure to include all software versions and platform installation related to the problem.

• user5108636
    user5108636 Member Posts: 1,737 Silver Badge

I am using Oracle and Reports 12.2.1.3. The issue is not resolved yet. The environments are mostly a clone of the other and compiling on that environment which is production is not an option.

Is there a runtime log or something wherein I can get more information about the error.

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Member Posts: 6,499 Employee

There seems to be only two or three obvious possible reasons for this error:

1. The name of a VA in the plsql code is being dynamically created, but is being incorrectly being created as a result of a difference on the hosting machine. In short, as the error states, the VA being called does not exist in the form.
    2. There is a typo in your code.
    3. The VA being referenced really does not exist even though you believe the code is correct. Check the Object Navigator to confirm it exists.
    4. You did not generate the X files on the machine where you are running them. It is not supported to generate an X file on one machine then move it to another.