This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 31st, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,783 Users
  • 2,269,776 Discussions
  • 7,916,827 Comments

Discussions

What IR_ROWFILTER syntax should look like?

Gosforth
Gosforth Member Posts: 85 Red Ribbon
edited Mar 9, 2021 11:18AM in APEX Discussions

Hi,

for single filter I have syntax:

'f?p=&APP_ID.:15:&SESSION.:OFFER::RIR,CIR:IR_DETAILS:27'

But what if I need to use ROWFILTER with OR operator?

In filter Interface I create such filter by typing

P='40' OR P='27' OR ...

But in URL (column has name 'x_column')?

'f?p=&APP_ID.:15:&SESSION.:OFFER::RIR,CIR:???'

Regards,

G.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect EdinburghMember Posts: 21,579 Red Diamond
    edited Mar 9, 2021 11:43AM Answer ✓

This is not supported. Confusingly, the ROWFILTER IR link operator does not create a row filter, but a generic text search on the report, equivalent to entering a term in the search bar. This is described in the documentation:

To create row text which contains a filter on an interactive report, use ROWFILTER as the target column alias in the item name syntax and add a filter value in the item itemValues of the URL. The link will add a Row Text Contains filter which searches all columns displayed in the report with type STRING or NUMBER.

Consider the following example:

IR[EMP]_ROWFILTER:SALES

If all of the filter values are in the same column, use the IN operator, otherwise create a report using the required row filter, save it, and link to the saved report.

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect EdinburghMember Posts: 21,579 Red Diamond
    edited Mar 9, 2021 11:43AM Answer ✓

This is not supported. Confusingly, the ROWFILTER IR link operator does not create a row filter, but a generic text search on the report, equivalent to entering a term in the search bar. This is described in the documentation:

To create row text which contains a filter on an interactive report, use ROWFILTER as the target column alias in the item name syntax and add a filter value in the item itemValues of the URL. The link will add a Row Text Contains filter which searches all columns displayed in the report with type STRING or NUMBER.

Consider the following example:

IR[EMP]_ROWFILTER:SALES

If all of the filter values are in the same column, use the IN operator, otherwise create a report using the required row filter, save it, and link to the saved report.

• Gosforth
    Gosforth Member Posts: 85 Red Ribbon

Thank you very much indeed for your help - I will try according your suggestion.