Forum Stats

• 3,734,274 Users
  • 2,246,935 Discussions
  • 7,857,216 Comments

Discussions

Oracle APEX: SQL commands and APEX interactive report yielding different results for same SQL query

User_BVI8D
User_BVI8D Member Posts: 4 Green Ribbon

I am creating an application for my organization but I am faced with a baffling error. More specifically, I have a very basic interactive grid report that is populated by the following SQL query:

select * from mp_disposal_events;

At the moment I only have 1 row in the table mp_disposal_events as evidenced by viewing the table in Object Browser as well as executing the above SQL query in SQL commands. However, in the application the report has 3 rows. Could someone explain what could be causing this behaviour and what I should be looking into to address it? I am relatively new with Oracle APEX.

I can provide more information if it would help debug the issue. Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• Sylvain Martel
    Sylvain Martel Member Posts: 674 Bronze Trophy
    edited Mar 10, 2021 3:17PM

Hello User,

Can you reproduce the error on apex.oracle.com?

User_BVI8D
  • User_BVI8D
    User_BVI8D Member Posts: 4 Green Ribbon

Hello, I am getting the error on apex.oracle.com. I am currently using it as a sort of development area to develop and test new modules for our application before we implement it on the corporate servers.

• Sylvain Martel
    Sylvain Martel Member Posts: 674 Bronze Trophy

Ok, I never heard anything like this before so let's see what you have here!

Is the source Table / View on the Parsing Shema?

Include ROWID Column selected?

What is the Primary Key field?

In Attributes, is edit enabled? Is Add Row if Empty selected?

Lazy Loading selected?

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 8,995 Silver Crown
    edited Mar 10, 2021 5:21PM

However, in the application the report has 3 rows

Is the same record displayed three times? As in this example, where Deptno 10 is displayed twice:

In this example there is an LOV on the Loc column, which retrieves NEW YORK twice. Do you have an LOV on one of the columns? Are the values unique?