• 2,248,268 Discussions
  • 7,861,317 Comments

Discussions

Webutil sign jacob.jar

Youcef Kazar
Youcef Kazar Member Posts: 8 Green Ribbon

i installed Webutil for forms 12c following the steps of this link

and this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Iy4kkUg-U

but after i launch my application using jnlp file i get this problem.

Best Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,715 Employee
    Accepted Answer

If you plan to use the OLE functionality in Forms on the user tier, you will need Jacob. However, if not then Jacob is not needed and you should replace the WebUtil Object Group with the one that does not contain Jacob. This will prevent you from going through the trouble of the setup. This special group is only available in the latest release of Forms (12.2.1.4).

If you do plan to use OLE then consider the following:

1. You should sign all custom JAR files using a trusted certificate. Self-signing (e.g. using sign_webutil.bat) is not recommended and will require additional setup on each user's machine in order to use by multiple users. You should obtain a trusted digital signature certificate from a known authority (e.g. Verisign, Thawte, etc).

2. You must stop and restart WLS_FORMS anytime you make changes in the \forms\java directory if the server was running at the time you made those changes.

Youcef Kazar
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,715 Employee
    Accepted Answer

If you removed the references from your form (module) as I suggested, then the only config change needed is to remove jacob.jar from the configuration. Any other changes are fine to leave in place.

Youcef Kazar

Answers

Accepted Answer

If you plan to use the OLE functionality in Forms on the user tier, you will need Jacob. However, if not then Jacob is not needed and you should replace the WebUtil Object Group with the one that does not contain Jacob. This will prevent you from going through the trouble of the setup. This special group is only available in the latest release of Forms (12.2.1.4).

If you do plan to use OLE then consider the following:

1. You should sign all custom JAR files using a trusted certificate. Self-signing (e.g. using sign_webutil.bat) is not recommended and will require additional setup on each user's machine in order to use by multiple users. You should obtain a trusted digital signature certificate from a known authority (e.g. Verisign, Thawte, etc).

2. You must stop and restart WLS_FORMS anytime you make changes in the \forms\java directory if the server was running at the time you made those changes.

Youcef Kazar
  • Youcef Kazar
    Youcef Kazar Member Posts: 8 Green Ribbon

Thank you, Is there a way i can backtrach or remove the webutil configurations that was done?

Accepted Answer

If you removed the references from your form (module) as I suggested, then the only config change needed is to remove jacob.jar from the configuration. Any other changes are fine to leave in place.

Youcef Kazar