• 3,727,607 Users
  • 2,245,418 Discussions
  • 7,852,886 Comments

Discussions

SQL Developer connections not opening and TNS file not being correctly

User_OVSCL
User_OVSCL Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Hi

I am facing 2 issues with my SQL Developer (Version 19.1.0.094) since the last 3 days. Everything was fine before that.

Issues

1. When I click to connect to a database using an existing/saved connection on the left Connections pane, I get an error pop-up message : Invalid connection information specified. Verify the URL format for the specified driver. Vendor code 0. File attached below
  2. The other one is, even though the folder for tnsnames.ora is configured correctly, and the application was reading from that file properly 3 days ago, now its not showing up the full list of tns entries. When I tried to add a new connection using "TNS" from the "connection type" drop-down, the list shown is no where near what I have in the tnsnames.ora file.

Answers

• jflack
    jflack Member Posts: 1,449 Gold Badge

Sure it is using the correct tnsnames.ora file? Sometimes, I've installed a new bit of Oracle software and it puts in its own copy of the file that somehow gets in front of the correct one. I stopped the nonsense by setting the TNS_ADMIN environmental variable.

• thatJeffSmith-Oracle
    thatJeffSmith-Oracle Distinguished Product Manager Posts: 7,649 Employee

Show tns, F5 will tell you th tns file were finding and using

User_M5BJO
  • AnkitV
    AnkitV Member Posts: 201 Blue Ribbon

Hi ,

I have Windows 10 laptop and I connect to client network via VPN. Ver 18 works well, no issues, but any new one that I tried, Ver 19, Ver 20, and this recent Ver 20 do not work.

I tried using recent 20.4.1.407.0006 x64, imported connections from my existing 18.4.0.376.1900, but none of the connections are working. I get below said error.

I get following type of error, for all the connections :

Status : Failure -Test failed: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection (CONNECTION_ID=XONdejuPSbiN7a5bEHq97g==)

Any help will be appreciated.

• thatJeffSmith-Oracle
    thatJeffSmith-Oracle Distinguished Product Manager Posts: 7,649 Employee

Please start a new thread @AnkitV