Forum Stats

• 3,726,962 Users
  • 2,245,299 Discussions
  • 7,852,512 Comments

Discussions

CK Editor 4 to 5: should we migrate existing html data in CLOB?

Johan 12045295
Johan 12045295 Member Posts: 52 Blue Ribbon
edited April 8 in APEX Discussions

apex 20.2

We have stored html with CK Editor 4. Once we upgrade our page item to CK Editor 5 and fetch the existing html, it appears that the editor converts our html stored in CK Editor 4. When leaving the page unsaved, alert Warn on Unsaved Changes prompts, although the user did not change any data.

Looking in the database CLOB column with CK Editor 4 html, CK Editor 5 has changed

<p><span style="color:#008000"><strong>Check by &quot;Show XML File&quot;.</strong></span></p>

to

<p><span style="color:#008000;"><strong>Check by "Show XML File".</strong></span></p>

Should we migrate the html stored with CK Editor 4? If yes, how to migrate?

Looking forward to your response.

Johan

Answers

• msammour
    msammour Member Posts: 31 Blue Ribbon
    edited April 8

Hi Johan,

I think this is a bug, it happened to me when we upgrade to 20.2.

It will prompt the Warning if you turn on the [Validation ==> Value Required] even if there is a text.

As a workaround I turn it off and create a validation to check the Rich Text Editor whether it is null or not.

• Johan 12045295
    edited April 8

Hi msammour,

Thank you for joining this discussion.

In our app we don't require a value. Still an alert prompts when value is not null.

Currently I'm in favor of migrating the html to CK Editor 5 syntax to phase out any prior CK Editor version and have consistent html syntax in table CLOB column. I wonder how to achieve this.

Johan

• msammour
    msammour Member Posts: 31 Blue Ribbon

What do you mean of

migrating the html to CK Editor 5 syntax

You mean the CLOB data?

If you can share more details regarding the properties you've set will be better.

• Johan 12045295

Hi msammour,

We refer to our example.

The same rich text stores differently in the database column with data type CLOB, depending on the version of CK editor used to interact with database column.

CKE4: <p><span style="color:#008000"><strong>Check by &quot;Show XML File&quot;.</strong></span></p>

CKE5: <p><span style="color:#008000;"><strong>Check by "Show XML File".</strong></span></p>

Kind regards