Forum Stats

• 3,732,979 Users
  • 2,246,664 Discussions
  • 7,856,452 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

APEX in ATP Autonomous Database

PallabDutta
PallabDutta Member Posts: 19 Red Ribbon

I've user: APEX_ADMIN (Workspace Administrator) for APEX Workspace. APEX runs in Autonomous ATP in Oracle Cloud ATP Autonomous Database. Today, when I login to APEX it prompted for Password change and I've done that. Since then I am not able to login to my workspace in OCI.

Also, after few attempts the account got locked. But, when I login from "Administration Services" as administrator (ADMIN) password of my Autonomous Database then I found APEX_ADMIN is not at all locked.

Please suggest, how to proceed? How to login to APEX in my workspace and how to unlock my account.

Answers

• Rawan_AK-Oracle
    Rawan_AK-Oracle Posts: 0 Employee

Hello,

Following the below steps will help you unlock you account:

In the example below, we are unlocking the account named DEMO in workspace DEMO.1 - In SQL Developer Web connected as ADMIN, verify the status of the database account and the APEX repository account:

select username, account_status from dba_users where username = 'DEMO';

select workspace_name, user_name, is_admin, is_application_developer, account_locked,
           failed_access_attempts
      from apex_workspace_developers
     where user_name = 'DEMO'
     order by 1;

2 - If the user is locked in the database, unlock it using the ADMIN account:

alter user DEMO account unlock;

3 - If the user is locked in the APEX repository, connect as that user (or the workspace assigned schema) to the database and unlock it using APEX API:

• This will not work while connected as ADMIN
    • This will not work while connected using SQL Developer Web
    begin
        apex_util.set_workspace('DEMO');
        apex_util.unlock_account('DEMO');
        commit;
    end;
    /

Resource:

Regards

Rawan