• 3,728,472 Users
  • 2,245,631 Discussions
  • 7,853,549 Comments

Discussions

QR Code Generation in Forms 12c

SPathak
SPathak Member Posts: 1,061 Silver Badge

Dear Friends

I Need to Create a New Form and Report where want to display the QR Code capturing all the fields which are shown on Form and report . I am new to QR Code. Please guide step by step how to do it .

Sanjay

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,548 Employee
    Accepted Answer

You first need to put Forms aside. Start by finding out how to generate a QR code and save it to a file using Java. Once you have figured out how to do that, incorporating that into your Forms app should be fairly easy. You can call the QR code generator (that you created in Java) using either the command line or by importing your Java code into Forms (using the Java Importer) and calling it directly from PL/SQL. Once your QR code has been generated to a file, you can then use the Forms built-in READ_IMAGE_FILE to load the image file into a Forms Image item, which can then be saved to the database in a BLOB column.

Answers

• Matthew D.
    Matthew D. Member Posts: 1,013 Gold Trophy

Check this document:

How to Generate 2D Barcode / QR Code in Oracle Reports (Doc ID 1678110.1)

Regards

• SPathak

Dear Mathew

When i am trying to get the access getting the following message :

Your access to My Oracle Support is restricted because you currently do not have any approved active Support Identifiers in your profile

You can request access to additional Support Identifiers with the Request Access button.

Sanjay

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,548 Employee

@SPathak That suggests you do not have a current Support contract with Oracle. If you believe this isn’t correct you should contact your Account Administrator.

My suggestion, if you do not have a current Oracle Support contract, take advantage of Google. With a simple search I was able to quickly find many posts that talk about creating QR code’s using Java. Once you understand how to do that, incorporating it into Forms (or Reports) should be easy.

Example:

https://www.baeldung.com/java-generating-barcodes-qr-codes#5-qr-codes

• SPathak

Dear Michael

Right now I don't have any Oracle Support, I am working on Oracle Forms for my own Interest . I am creating a 12c Form where i am learning to capture the multiple fields and create the QR Code and store into the Oracle 12c Database . later in the report it should get print.

Unable to find out any article where it will explain how to generate the QR Code using 12c Form and store in 12c oracle database.

Please help me to Understand and improve my knowledge.

Sanjay

Accepted Answer

You first need to put Forms aside. Start by finding out how to generate a QR code and save it to a file using Java. Once you have figured out how to do that, incorporating that into your Forms app should be fairly easy. You can call the QR code generator (that you created in Java) using either the command line or by importing your Java code into Forms (using the Java Importer) and calling it directly from PL/SQL. Once your QR code has been generated to a file, you can then use the Forms built-in READ_IMAGE_FILE to load the image file into a Forms Image item, which can then be saved to the database in a BLOB column.