Forum Stats

• 3,728,684 Users
  • 2,245,675 Discussions
  • 7,853,700 Comments

Discussions

TNS-12518: TNS:listener could not hand off client connection

When I tried to connect to my database with sql developer, I have this error in log:

TNS:listener could not hand off client connection

TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

TNS-00534: Failed to grant connection ownership to child

64-bit Windows Error: 10022: Unknown error

TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

TNS-00534: Failed to grant connection ownership to child

64-bit Windows Error: 10022: Unknown error

Can someone give me a point how to solve this issue?

Tagged:

Answers

• Billy Verreynne
    Billy Verreynne Member Posts: 28,187 Red Diamond

The Win32/64 listener.exe process accepts a client tcp socket connect. It determines what Win32/64 oracle.exe process need to service this client connection.

It then hands off this tcp connection by calling CreateRemoteThread() for that oracle.exe process, and passes the socket handle to this new thread for it to communicate with the client.

This is likely what is failing. There are numerous security issues involved with one process creating threads in another process. One such issue is that the listener.exe process does not have the same ownership as the oracle.exe process, or lacks the required ACLs.

• user4484260
    user4484260 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Ok, Im little bit stucked. Can you please give me a point what to change to make it running? Thanks

• Billy Verreynne

Do not use Windows much - but you can use the Service Manager (Control Panel) and check which o/s account owns the listener and oracleXE services. It should be the same account with admin access as far as I know.

• user4484260
    user4484260 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

unfortunatelly user is same, local system user. Is there posibillity, that this system user dont have admin access? Or any pother idea to solve this problem?

• Billy Verreynne

unfortunatelly user is same, local system user. Is there posibillity, that this system user dont have admin access?

Unlikely - else you would have had other services fail too I assume.

Or any pother idea to solve this problem?

Dumping Windows for Linux comes to mind. ;-)

You can use Task Manager to view the attributes of the listener.exe and oracle.exe processes, check Event Viewer for errors, play around with changes to the listener and oracleXE service definitions, enable full admin tracing for the listener, and so on.

The latter may shed some more light on the hand-off and should have o/s error codes for failed kernel API calls.