Forum Stats

• 3,733,004 Users
  • 2,246,671 Discussions
  • 7,856,461 Comments

Discussions

Display foreign keys in the data modeler

Hi,

Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly?

Steps taken:

1. Drag table base.vessel_registration and 2 other related tables.
  2. the foreign keys display automatically. Which is what I expected.
  3. I then drag params.vessel_type onto the diagram
  4. No foreign key join appears even though a foreign key exists (vesr_vest_fk(vesr_vest_id_fk)) in the table as shown below in the base.vessel_registration table. NOT WHAT I EXPECTED.

So am I missing something or is this a bug?

Best Answer

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Member Posts: 3,329 Employee
    Accepted Answer

I'll recommend to use DM import functionality or even to switch to standalone version of DM. The picture shows that you are mixing tables from different models or model and directly from database. Your life will be simpler with standalone DM.

Philip

Ralph Ashley

Answers

• Ralph Ashley
    Ralph Ashley Member Posts: 13 Blue Ribbon

Hmmmm,

I pulled base.vessel_registration from the database while I pulled params.vessel table from the model browser.

I still can't get my head around the difference since I just pulled all tables from the DB to a new rel.model.

Seriously, considering moving back to designer, now... :(

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Member Posts: 3,329 Employee
    Accepted Answer

I'll recommend to use DM import functionality or even to switch to standalone version of DM. The picture shows that you are mixing tables from different models or model and directly from database. Your life will be simpler with standalone DM.

Philip

Ralph Ashley
  • Ralph Ashley
    Ralph Ashley Member Posts: 13 Blue Ribbon

Just in case someone else reads this I just want to be clear in that the problem was my importing the tables from different sources, one was directly from the DB while the other was from the list of relational tables.

Solution:

1. Get the tables from the same source.
    2. I will be installing the stand alone version of DM.